show me your DIY home made pedal boards

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The pedal board is a scrap piece of wood I had and some scrap indoor/outdoor carpet. The only thing I really bought was a piece of aluminum edging and some spray glue.

IMGP1077.jpg

c

by the way, the pic is old. I sold teh Digidelay and I am waiting for a Semaphore, etc...

c

• Members

Could you tell me a bit about the top one?

I want to make my patch cables and stuff go under the board on my next one.

I made it out of some wood i had laying around. I basically cut the top to how i wanted it, then i made the side peices. I messed around with the angle a bit and then cut them out and screwed them on. Then i cut the front peice to fit and cut a peice for the back. The peice at the back has hinges on it on the top, so i can access the inside of it. Then i put a board on the bottom to cover make the whole thing enclosed. The i laid my pedals out and took a 1/2" drill bit and drilled holes everywhere i thought i may need wires to come though. I drilled some extra holes in random places just in case also. Then i cover it with carpet and put the aluminum on it. After the glue dried, i cut an x in the carpet where all the holes were. Then i put all the pedals on it and fed the wires through.

I think that covers it. If you have any specific questions let me know

• Members

Hi, I see you have a Large Beaver and you seem to be a Pink Floyd fan as well
;)

What do you think of the noise it produces? Is it very noisy combined with other pedals (like the Fulldrive and Boss CS-3 for instance) ?

i dont think its very noisy at all. when im playing some songs i'll run it with virtually everything-cs3, boosted fulldrive, beaver, eq, chorus, one or two delays. the only real noise i get comes from my amp's reverb and from my bad power supply...

its a freakin sweet pedal too!

• Members

My most recent, though I'm not really using a pedalboard right now. I've been keeping them Wilbo-style. :eek: there's a few different pedals there, too.

pedalboard-1.jpg

And old one I made.. same tier on as the first one.

newpedalboard2-1.jpg

It's not crooked, that's just the picture.

And this one which I'm going to start using again as soon as it gets back from the painter.

pedalboardold.jpg

• Members

Going by memory.. a little over a 1/4".

We made it about 4 years ago.. I don't know remember/know anything about the aluminum itself. It was just some scrap in the machine shop. It's pretty heavy, I know..
:D

:thu: It's a cool board.

c

• Members

No cables as I'm playing with pedal order, but you get the idea. Ammo crate + foam + carpet + latches = $30 win. Looks rock-as-{censored} and is nigh-on-indestructible. Only downer is I'll never be allowed near a plane with it.

fdzboardeh6.jpg

That looks pretty rad. Where'd you find the ammo crate?

• Members

^fagtastic
:wave:

yeah, I know!:D I usually cover my pedalboards with a Black coloured vinyl

but this hologram stuff was all they had left, so I thought.....what the {censored}, go for it! Now I have a discotastic board which is a bit different from the norm:thu:

• Members
That looks pretty rad. Where'd you find the ammo crate?

Army disposals store. They also had a couple of other sizes, shorter ones that would just do a single row of stompboxes, and shorter/wider ones that could do a wah but not two stomps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived