show me your DIY home made pedal boards

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

newboard.jpg

1/4 PDF board or whatever its called, the heavy stuff thats not as rough as plywood, black carpet and some nails. The 2nd level is high enough for power supply, and i did a raised border around the edge just for the hell of it.

took about an hour. also i just picked up some of those things you use to run TV cable around your house and used em to nail down to the board for some neatness. also, keeps pedals in place.

• Members

What do all the DIY board builders use to cover the board? Are you guys using velcro? What kind of power strip do you use for pedals that need a specific adapter that you can't use a PP or DC Brick for? Does anyone have a construction sequence of photos? I need to build a board... and some inspiration. :)

• Members

What do all the DIY board builders use to cover the board? Are you guys using velcro? What kind of power strip do you use for pedals that need a specific adapter that you can't use a PP or DC Brick for? Does anyone have a construction sequence of photos? I need to build a board... and some inspiration.
:)

no immediately available pics but:

I have an older board that has lasted {censored}.. almost six years now. I used plywood and sealed the thing. maybe 6 coats of spraypaint, then 3 coats of clear spray lacquer. Hot glued speaker carpet I bought from Auto Zone to it.

Made some risers out of 2x4's, screwed them in with two pair of right angle brackets. spaced this riser wide enough to accomodate a Furman rack power strip. Screwed two holes in the main board and zip tied a cheap ass AC->DC brick in there. So that take scare of both dc and ac powered pedals, and funky adaptors. On top of the riser, I screwed in a bit of plywood, painted it, and covered it with the same fuzzy {censored} I bought up at Auto Zone.

• Members

No cables as I'm playing with pedal order, but you get the idea. Ammo crate + foam + carpet + latches = $30 win. Looks rock-as-{censored} and is nigh-on-indestructible. Only downer is I'll never be allowed near a plane with it.

fdzboardeh6.jpg

• Members

newboard.jpg

Hi, I see you have a Large Beaver and you seem to be a Pink Floyd fan as well ;)

What do you think of the noise it produces? Is it very noisy combined with other pedals (like the Fulldrive and Boss CS-3 for instance) ?

Archived