barber LTD

dysorexia

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a silver LTD for sale. Even though it has less mids than the regular one it still has too much for me. I have a special NAMM edition LTD on the way that has even less mids. The silver reminds me a lot of a nice clear TS, which is great if that's what I needed but it isn't.

• Members

I have a silver LTD for sale. Even though it has less mids than the regular one it still has too much for me. I have a special NAMM edition LTD on the way that has even less mids. The silver reminds me a lot of a nice clear TS, which is great if that's what I needed but it isn't.

what kind of amp do you use?

• Members

i have not played barber's other pedals but i do agree completely with gil's assesment of the black ltd. by description it sounds a little boring, really. still, it is my favorite pedal i own and surprises me most by the way i never think about it. it sounds great no matter how i set it and i almost never twiddle with the knobs. it is voiced very well. perfect for me. i normally hate mid humps in pedals even though i like mid heavy tones, but the mid hump in this pedal is pretty small and sounds so natural that to me it is nearly unnoticable.

Tim

• Members

wow thanks Gil, which amp do you use and what kind of music do you play?

I've used it with a Clark Bueford Fender tweed Deluxe style, and a TopHat AC30-ish amp (Club Royal) and a Marshallish Emplexador, Tele, Strat Humbuckers - all different kinds of gear. All good, Fender and Vox style my fav.

I play Alt Pop to Americana, sometimes heavey, sometimes folky - like Replacements, then Wilco.

I'm a huge Barber fan. I sold an LTD black to by the LTD Black with Mod board, 2 days latter. LTD Black is my fav pedal, over two years, over OCD, HoneyBee, Eternity ect.

Very understated, but very useful, in my book.

I think David has a try for a few days deal, return if you don't like it.

But really, a LTD Black and a Small Fry are two killer pedals for a great price.

• Members

quiet ok.. i'm listening to some clips off of the barber webiste.. pretty impressive.. it nails the blues tone very well..

It's really good for Brit pop stuff, too.

I use it to give more of a compressed Vox sound to things.

• Members

Is it me?

Low gain overdrive can be handled by so many pedals it's a moot point. I just sold my Silver LTD!

I like Barber a lot but this pedal was so tame that it just never ever inspired me, and I'm not a high gain dude. Anything could replace it, really. Just turn the gain down, a hair or two more boost than unity and there you go... low gain OD. End of sentence.

As an alternative, the Silver Kiss is way more open and versitile, although I'm sure that there are a billion alternatives. Low gain OD is probably the easiest OD to achieve IMHO.

Archived