Skreddy, you rule

daniel2001

• Members

It just so happens that I am your long lost cousin!
:love:

I'll take a mayo instead.
:o

Sorry mate, tough titties.

The Screwdriver into Top Fuel is a killer combo.

When I go to the guitar shops in London on Saturday, I'm going to take my Frantone Peachfuzz along, and if there are any Mayo's in, I might trade the Frantone in.

• Members
One is a present for my cousin, he saw Fatback's video of the Top Fuel and immeadiatly wanted one, but can't afford one, so its a belated Christmas present from me.

That's cool, I'm not sure many people would do that for their cousins :thu:

Guest Anonymous

The Skreddy clips i heard did nothing for me. Maybe they are just not my bag. Too smooth for me. I like a bit more grit.

The mayo is yes very smooth, compressed.. but the lady has a little more grit.

• Members

The mayo is yes very smooth, compressed.. but the lady has a little more grit.

Hows the Mayo compared to a Big Muff?

I barely use my Frantone Peachfuzz any more, and am thinking of trading it for a Z Vex Box of Rock, a E13 pedal of some sort or a Mayo.

• Members

How are the mids in the Top Fuel?

I'm a little concerned that they may be a bit too prominent, or is it just a more open sound?

-Ben

The mids are very prominent, but not boxy. I could always build you one with flat mids instead of the hump. I like the hump on this pedal, though. It's somehow appropriate; plus it makes the pedal interact very well with Fender amps and low-Wattage and other vintage type amps. Sounds great through a powerful clean amp, too; just not that wall-of-fuzz thing you'd get from a Muff.

• Members

Skreddy, is it a fairly simple thing to make one with a mid-hump that is less pronounced than the standard mid-hump?

edit: to clarify, I'm sure you can do it, I'm just curious about how much of an upcharge there would be...

No upcharge.

The thing about the Top Fuel's tone stack is this... It's the result of a lot of tweeking. I've reduced the high-end filtering a lot, to allow maximum articulation. It doesn't get too dark in the far CC position, just fat and juicy. And I've reduced the low-cut on the other side of the filter, so when you turn the knob to the treble side, it still sounds full and not ice-picky. So put those two halves together, and you've got a tone stack where the mids are left intact throughout the range of the tone knob. This is a good thing. I've tweeked the resistor values in the tone stack to give it a more open sound, so it's not boxy in the middle position. You should try it stock, and I doubt you'll ask for a mod.

• Members

You still enjoying yours? Does it fulfill all your fuzz desires?

:thu:

Actually, I just recently got a Pinkmour/Top Fuel of my own, (thanks Donner!) It's the same one that was loaned to me for the vids. I'm loving it. It is a tighter fuzz than most muffs, but still brings plenty of girth. I still can't get over the high swirling harmonics that seem to hover over the notes. Freakin' awesome!

As for my fuzz desires... well there's always room for another fuzz. :p;)

• Members

I'm currently in London, my train back to Plymouth leaves in about 11 hours and 30 minutes or so. The Top Fuels are back there.

I traded my Frantone Peachfuzz for a Voodoo Lab's Analog Chorus, straight trade, and got a Pedaltrain 2 (gig bag) for the birthday. Also got some more George L's cables so I can wire the board up really nicely.

Been sitting outside with a good mate, drinking fine whisky and smoking fine cigars (started yesterday).

• Members
The mids are very prominent, but not boxy. I could always build you one with flat mids instead of the hump. I like the hump on this pedal, though. It's somehow appropriate; plus it makes the pedal interact very well with Fender amps and low-Wattage and other vintage type amps. Sounds great through a powerful clean amp, too; just not that wall-of-fuzz thing you'd get from a Muff.

Hey Marc.

My knobs need twiddlin with!

Been over a year? Interested!

:D :D :D

Archived