The 'Pedals that Should be Banned' Thread

Lanefair

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not talking about pedals that you tried for a week and didn't like. I mean pedals that get low scores in the reviews, and that people can't get rid of quick enough. Examples:

367999.jpg

239303.jpg

Maybe the Boss one is a bit harsh?

Our new bassist has the Boss. I like it. I really don't think it belongs in this category anyway. It doesn't get that bad of reviews, does it?

• Members

Our new bassist has the Boss. I like it. I really don't think it belongs in this category anyway. It doesn't get that bad of reviews, does it?

I'm not sure. It's certainly not bad, but there are lots of better bass od's out there. Even a lot of guitar OD's sound better on bass than this. Ok I just thought of another one

462417.jpg

• Members

I'm not sure. It's certainly not bad, but there are lots of better bass od's out there. Even a lot of guitar OD's sound better on bass than this. Ok I just thought of another one

462417.jpg

Yes yes yes! I've had two of these and hated them with a passion. One was a tonesucker of the worst kind and the other one produced some disgusting feedback when on my pedalboard. I really don't understand the acclaim these damned things get. The sweep on 'em is crap to. Now, please allow me to throw this into the mix:

BOSMT2.jpg

• Members

462417.jpg

Morley Wah-sp...worse pedal I've tried. Flimsy, terrible sound, crap bypass...an abomination. Sorry, couldn't find a pic. Looks like most Morley pedals though.

• Members

The Crybaby wah really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I know a lot of people who use it with great results. Just because it's not a $300 Clyde by Fulltone or Teese doesn't mean that it's not good. I still prefer my vox, but seriously, I think some of you guys have fallen into the "boutique or bust" kind of mentality.

• Members

emma discumbobulator.

the one I had went through the rigs of at least 5 forumites, everyone of which thought it sucked.

Really? I was set on getting that for a while until I found a used Mini Q-Tron.

I actually played one in a store and thought it sounded pretty good. :confused:

• Members

The Crybaby wah really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I know a lot of people who use it with great results. Just because it's not a $300 Clyde by Fulltone or Teese doesn't mean that it's not good. I still prefer my vox, but seriously, I think some of you guys have fallen into the "boutique or bust" kind of mentality.

I have to agree. I have both a stock crybaby and a Keeley modded Vox. the Vox sounds much better and it more versatile because of the mods but the Crybaby sounds decent. It does suck major tone but if you mod it for TB its an acceptable wah.

• Members

The trouble with my crybaby is that the best part of the sweep happens very early on, and not for long enough. I've TB'd it and a few other mods but the pot/inductor reaction is crap. It's meant to be a wah pedal not a _______wah________ pedal

Archived