How much do you watch TV?

• Members
If I lived alone, I'm not even sure if i would own a TV, and i certainly wouldnt have cable.

The wife gets home around 4pm, and instantly turns on the TV, and doesnt turn it off until she goes to bed... Even while we eat dinner it's on, so I guess I'm sort of watching it, but not usually paying any attention to it.

If i want to spend some time with her, the TV is usually on, which is quite annoying. This has been a source of fights in the past. Last night she wanted to play cards, but wanted to keep the TV on...

Then when she goes to bed, she watches TV until she falls to sleep. TV actually gets me pissed off and makes me unable to sleep if i try to fall asleep with it on, so unless i'm looking to get laid, i usually have to let her fall asleep first, and then go to bed.

This is going to become a sore subject again... i can tell.

Total TV hours for a week... maybe 20 on a heavy week... typical week less than 10. On a week that my wife isn't around (rare) probably about 3 hours.

That said, I find it hard to believe that the average person watches 4+ hours of TV per day... That is almost 20% of your life that you are just sitting there getting stupider.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I feel your {censored}in pain man!

If I didn't live with my girlfriend I would DEFINITELY not have cable. Just a TV and a DVD player. I can't bear it and I haven't been able to for about 7 or 8 years now.

We just fought last night about keeping the TV on while we fall asleep. It drives me nuts and pisses me off to the point where I lose sleep after she finally agrees to turn it off because I am pissed. :freak:
That annoying blue light and cued laughter makes me want to hurt things.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't like to watch tv at much at all, especially when friends are over. It's such a passive medium, that you can just watch mindlessly :(. I much more preffer to buy DVD's of shows (Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras, Arrested Development, etc) than watch them on tv.

When I was living with my ex, she would watch 4 episodes of Law and Order everynight. I usually like that show, but every night, for 4 hours was overload. It seemed like my life was being sucked away... Horrible feeling :(

I Listen to music alot. And have music in the background for about 80% of my day.

• Members
:mad:

I feel your {censored}in pain man!

If I didn't live with my girlfriend I would DEFINITELY not have cable. Just a TV and a DVD player. I can't bear it and I haven't been able to for about 7 or 8 years now.

We just fought last night about keeping the TV on while we fall asleep. It drives me nuts and pisses me off to the point where I lose sleep after she finally agrees to turn it off because I am pissed.
:freak:
That annoying blue light and cued laughter makes me want to hurt things.

dont get me started on laugh tracks. One of the things i used to love about the simpsons is they dont have one.

Are people such sheep that they really need a cue to laugh

• Members

dont get me started on laugh tracks. One of the things i used to love about the simpsons is they dont have one.

Are people such sheep that they really need a cue to laugh

I can feel those laugh tracks are targeted at me, mocking my refusal to submit to the brainwashing and thinking that there is hope for something better someday.

• Members

2 hours a day .. More on weekends. Right before sleep

Everything i watch on tv , has been recorderd on my dvr , so i could skip around and save time .
Usually its a mix between maury paternity test shows , reality tv , and documentaries . I can't watch a movie for the life of me at home . ... I Don't own a dvd player

• Members
Looks like vast number of us have girlfriends. That's weird. I bet the Amp forum guys have hotter girlfriends than us pedal dorks.

My girlfriend only watches battlestar galactica, which I hate with a burning passion. :cry: That show pisses me off.

Then again I watch Rob & Big, Full House, I love Lucy, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and umm... :freak: All that {censored} pisses her off. :D

Archived