OT: What does everyone think of Rolling Stone?

NewBAM

• Members

The magazine...note the absence of the letter 's'. I picked up an issue last week and almost vomited from the content. the writing has gone completely down hill and the political coverage seems a little...almost immature. i mean, liberal to the degree where it exceeds liberalism. Discuss.

• Members

my 14 year old sister gets it, and i dont even see her reading it that often.

garbage. absolute trend-of-the-second rag...and if they do talk about older music, it's just heaping praise on the same old same old...clapton, the beatles, hendrix... yeah, i know that they were very good (well, the latter two)

• Members

let's see.

wife has a subscription to rolling stone. Although they do have lots of references to the good ol days, they do a pretty good job of being tied up in all the pop tart, and boy band news as well. Every now and then they will have a half page article on a good band that is semi underground.

Their political news is hit and miss. Most of it (to me anyways) is either old news, or plays to the uninformed fake liberal readership that spends most of its time wrapped up in pop culture.

They did have a good article about a year ago where they followed a few guys around Iraq. it was more about their every day life. There was some politics to it, but not overtly political.

I do remember back in the early 90's when spin came out. I read every issue cover to cover until they put smashing pumpkins on the cover, and named them "BAND OF THE YEAR" I hated billy corgan so much, i never picked that mag up again.

Alternative Press- HAHAHAHA. im not sure ive read a more pretentious magazine in my life... Vanity Fair trys to be this pretentious, and fails.

Archived