Petition to change this forum's name

kittycaster

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very nice! .... now that's got me thinking ... the M-Audio is more expensive hmmm. Oh hang on ... just checked local prices and the Tascam is more pricey here!

Do you need the extra XLR? Or the MIDI? I think for a few extra bucks the features make it worth it, and considering how long Tascam has been into the home recording market I really trust them as a brand, although I've heard nothing but good things about the M-Audio units.

Its a tough call. I've been putting it off for months just waiting for the right deal on the right piece of kit. So many choices. :eek:

• Members
Do you need the extra XLR? Or the MIDI? I think for a few extra bucks the features make it worth it, and considering how long Tascam has been into the home recording market I really trust them as a brand, although I've heard nothing but good things about the M-Audio units.

Its a tough call. I've been putting it off for months just waiting for the right deal on the right piece of kit. So many choices.
:eek:

Well I care NOT for the XLR jacks but the MIDI is VERY useful to have if I want to get into that side of things and I probably WILL at some point want to buy a Roland GK3 for synth guitar to play patches and {censored} on the comp ... MIDI is virtually mandatory these days! I just rang about for best price and the software bundle with the Tascam is Cubase also which is very nice ... I'm very close to the Tascam ... the first 4 track I ever bought was a Porta 1 and I still have it so I know to trust them as a brand.

The 3 I am looking at ...

M-Audio - Fast Track
M-Audio - Mobilepre
Tascam - US122L

The Mobilepre and the Tascam are $10 apart in price but the Fast Track is $60 cheaper than both more or less. TOUGH CALL ... I need to go read up more on the Mobilepre and the Tascam though the bloke said he has sold MORE of the Tascams. :idea::confused:

• Members
I still have to check on the other pedal (clone) and see if they decided to flip it or not... after all, I DID make the offer to do so if they wanted to, so I have to see if I'm obligated to that first. Things are insane here right now. I have a band that wants a bunch of stuff done (on an album I finished at the end of November and that has already been mastered), I have to do some writing projects before the deadlines hit (one of which is hush hush, but a pretty big honor for me), I have to go out to Ocean Way tomorrow, I have sessions all the rest of the week - it's NUTS.

I'd really like yours... but I have to wait to see if I'm obligated on the other. I don't want to ever even remotely screw up ANY deals for anyone. If you can't wait and they have money they want to send you immediately, I'll totally understand.

BTW, check your PM's.
:wave:

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Have fun.

:thu:

• Members
Well I care NOT for the XLR jacks but the MIDI is VERY useful to have if I want to get into that side of things and I probably WILL at some point want to buy a Roland GK3 for synth guitar to play patches and {censored} on the comp ... MIDI is virtually mandatory these days! I just rang about for best price and the software bundle with the Tascam is Cubase also which is very nice ... I'm very close to the Tascam ... the first 4 track I ever bought was a Porta 1 and I still have it so I know to trust them as a brand.

The 3 I am looking at ...

M-Audio - Fast Track

M-Audio - Mobilepre

Tascam - US122L

The Mobilepre and the Tascam are $10 apart in price but the Fast Track is $60 cheaper than both more or less. TOUGH CALL ... I need to go read up more on the Mobilepre and the Tascam though the bloke said he has sold MORE of the Tascams.
:idea::confused:

What is the profit on the Tascam?

He may have sold more of them because they make him more money?

WTF DO I KNOW?

• Members
Very nice! .... now that's got me thinking ... the M-Audio is more expensive hmmm. Oh hang on ... just checked local prices and the Tascam is more pricey here!

Let me know which one you decide on.....

I have an ace connection on a lot of this stuff...2% above cost!

• Members
What is the profit on the Tascam?

He may have sold more of them because they make him more money?

WTF DO I KNOW?

Don't know the profit ... but I buy from these guys a lot and I can read sale people instantly and he was totally cool and not leading me any which way. His bottom line was they were all good, just depends on what you need ... he said he personally liked the Tascam purely since he had sold more of them ... that's pretty plain and simple with his thinking likely being that the product that sells best is generally the better product.

• Members

Don't know the profit ... but I buy from these guys a lot and I can read sale people instantly and he was totally cool and not leading me any which way. His bottom line was they were all good, just depends on what you need ... he said he personally liked the Tascam purely since he had sold more of them ... that's pretty plain and simple with his thinking likely being that the product that sells best is generally the better product.

For what its worth I'm sold on the Tascam. I was ready to buy the older version until I found out it was only USB 1.1, then they upgraded to this new version and it seems like a great deal for what you get, and its a pretty damn reliable name there. I could probably get by just fine with the Fasttrack since I don't really need MIDI and have a mixer so multiple XLR's isn't needed, but for not much more I get a lot of bonus, and having dual XLR's could be really handly if you were using it on the road with a laptop or something to record.

• Members

I figured as much....Just thought I would throw that piece of cynacism out there.

:thu:

If you have 30 days on it, take it for a test drive.

• Members

For what its worth I'm sold on the Tascam. I was ready to buy the older version until I found out it was only USB 1.1, then they upgraded to this new version and it seems like a great deal for what you get, and its a pretty damn reliable name there. I could probably get by just fine with the Fasttrack since I don't really need MIDI and have a mixer so multiple XLR's isn't needed, but for not much more I get a lot of bonus, and having dual XLR's could be really handly if you were using it on the road with a laptop or something to record.

Yeah ... I'm reading up on stuff now and I'm more and more sold on the Tascam as I look at it ... it's the middle price runner between the three I was looking at actually - might have to do it this week. I'm just checking a few other things first regarding a comp upgrade and will take it from there.

• Members
Yeah ... I'm reading up on stuff now and I'm more and more sold on the Tascam as I look at it ... it's the middle price runner between the three I was looking at actually - might have to do it this week. I'm just checking a few other things first regarding a comp upgrade and will take it from there.

Seeing engineer buddy tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

• Members
Seeing engineer buddy tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

Will do mate ... looking forward to hearing the report! I'm probably going to get an upgrade though and buy a new custom comp with XP ... get with the program, then just use free or cracked software of Cubase or whatever - hooked up to the Tascam and I should be away and running! :cool:

• Members
Will do mate ... looking forward to hearing the report! I'm probably going to get an upgrade though and buy a new custom comp with XP ... get with the program, then just use free or cracked software of Cubase or whatever - hooked up to the Tascam and I should be away and running!
:cool:

I hear you....He is software hookup/database!

I think that is the best way to go for you.

Star Trek is go!

Onto the sharing/creating of music then!!!

• Members
I hear you....He is software hookup/database!

Do I hope for Pro-Tools crack? ;)

I think that is the best way to go for you.

Star Trek is go!

Jim Beam me up Snotty! :D

Onto the sharing/creating of music then!!!

Looking forward to it mate ... this a big reason I want to upgrade. It means No new guitar ofcourse or pedals but {censored} ... it will be way more advantage to me than anything else I could fritter money on right now.

MIDI TOO! ... Which means Vintage Synths software also!!! ..ARPS, Prophets! ... :idea::cool:

• Members
Will do mate ... looking forward to hearing the report! I'm probably going to get an upgrade though and buy a new custom comp with XP ... get with the program, then just use free or cracked software of Cubase or whatever - hooked up to the Tascam and I should be away and running!
:cool:

Looks like you're getting more than just the free mp3 converter you were looking for yesterday!

Archived