Petition to change this forum's name

kittycaster

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok here's a slightly better pic. You guys were guessing pretty good though! The red pre is a Langevin which is Manley's solid state line. Eve Anna Manley is a kick ass bitch!

I've got the L2 into the SPDIF of the digi001. I use it for 2 channels of converters during tracking and then I use it at mixdown/mastering as the final limiter dithering thingee.

Then I've got the RME 8-channel converters taking up the optical highway to the 001.

The mic pres get worse and worse as you go down the rack....I'd like to evenutally upgrade them but you know the story $$$.

rack.jpg

I was right....

NICE SET UP BTW!

Back to cricket, chocolate, cider and reggae!

:wave: :wave:

Ok here's a slightly better pic. You guys were guessing pretty good though! The red pre is a Langevin which is Manley's solid state line. Eve Anna Manley is a kick ass bitch!

I've got the L2 into the SPDIF of the digi001. I use it for 2 channels of converters during tracking and then I use it at mixdown/mastering as the final limiter dithering thingee.

Then I've got the RME 8-channel converters taking up the optical highway to the 001.

The mic pres get worse and worse as you go down the rack....I'd like to evenutally upgrade them but you know the story $$$.

rack.jpg

Eveanna's my buddy - she rahques most triumphantly. :thu:

I wasn't certain about the DVC, but I thought I saw the UA too. The knobs should have given the FATSO away, but I had no clue. The Lexicon was obviously a Lexicon, but I couldn't tell which one in the first picture. The 386 and the Joemeek VC6Q I never would have guessed from the first picture; ditto that for the ART's and the, wait, is that a B-------er at the bottom of the rack? :eek:;):D

BTW, all in all, very nice. :thu:

• Members
Eveanna's my buddy - she rahques most triumphantly.
:thu:

I wasn't certain about the DVC, but I thought I saw the UA too. The knobs should have given the FATSO away, but I had no clue. The Lexicon was obviously a Lexicon, but I couldn't tell which one in the first picture. The 386 and the Joemeek VC6Q I never would have guessed from the first picture; ditto that for the ART's and the, wait, is that a B-------er at the bottom of the rack?
:eek:;):D

BTW, all in all, very nice.
:thu:

Dang it, I shoulda hid the B------R :o

Yeah, but it's only a headphone amp. And guess where I'm getting all kinds of crackling sounds lately? Yep, the headphone amp.

You know eveanna personally? :love:

I guess I should check out your website for your setup, huh?

• Members

Dang it, I shoulda hid the B------R
:o

Yeah, but it's only a headphone amp. And guess where I'm getting all kinds of crackling sounds lately? Yep, the headphone amp.

You know eveanna personally?
:love:

I have been groped by Eveanna at a trade show.

Dirty girty that she is!

:wave:

You know eveanna personally?

Yes. Chino's just a few miles down the road from here, and although I've known her for several years now, I still have not gone by to see her shop. She kids me about it every time I see her. :D Hutch, their main designer, is good people too. :thu:

It's embarrassingly out of date. :o And besides, I've got a constant flow of different stuff going in and out all the time... not just the client gear, but stuff I'm reviewing, beta testing, etc. If I updated my gear list, I'd just have to do it again next month... but I guess that doesn't excuse not doing it for a few years now. :o:D

• Members

Wow, I'm just two degrees removed from the woman who helped make that lovely red preamp in my rack! (or is that one degree? two, right?)

So you guys (16 and phil) know each other FTF outside of this forum it seems?

I've had too much time on my hands lately and have gotten sucked into this silly vortex of the phun phorum.

• Members
Wow, I'm just two degrees removed from the woman who helped make that lovely red preamp in my rack! (or is that one degree? two, right?)

So you guys (16 and phil) know each other FTF outside of this forum it seems?

I've had too much time on my hands lately and have gotten sucked into this silly vortex of the phun phorum.

I missed out on the kind invite to Phils bash last year so, I only know him through PM's, getting me unbanned and the general love/tolerance he shows me here!

Puts up with my midgets, chic pics and other stupidity!

Tiki - :D:thu:

She knows I'm happily married, so she's always treated me like a lady, er, I mean, she's always acted like a lady around me. :D Okay, that's not really accurate either... she's just a very cool person. She's always at the NAMM and AES shows, so if you ever get a chance to attend one of the trade shows, I'll introduce you to her. :wave:

• Members

Tiki -
:D:thu:

She knows I'm happily married, so she's always treated me like a lady, er, I mean, she's always acted like a lady around me.
:D
Okay, that's not really accurate either... she's just a very cool person. She's always at the NAMM and AES shows, so if you ever get a chance to attend one of the trade shows, I'll introduce you to her.
:wave:

So what are you saying about me?

:cry::idea::cry:

She is very cool and a lot of fun.

Takes a pretty mean photo too. Check ourt her pics on the site.

• Members
Run, hide ... destroy your hard drives ... get out while you can ... cancel your credit cards etc ... rinse & repeat.

Well, I'm pretty much broke right now (looking for a day job in IT cause recording local bands is NOT making me rich or helping me pay the rent for that matter) so no worries about GAS.

Besides, I only come here for the cat and girly pics. :D

• Members

Well, I'm pretty much broke right now (looking for a day job in IT cause recording local bands is NOT making me rich or helping me pay the rent for that matter) so no worries about GAS.

Besides, I only come here for the cat and girly pics.

You'll just make it then ... only JUST though. ;)

Nice to be broke with nice gear though ain't it? I plan to buy some nice gear and then be broke but content looking at it and using it. :D

As to Portland ... now there is a city I have long wanted to visit ... friends have told me it would be MY kind of town ... oh and being a bit of a writer myself it would be handy for me to attend some of Chucks P's workshops ... I write my Dystopian fiction in the key of Ballard. :idea:

• Members
I bet that tastes like ass!

I just gave my cat some catnip, or meowijuana as I like to call it. I wish it had that effect on humans!
:cool:

Ya see wheres I come from, that is the front of her bum!

29o0l1j.jpg

How dare yo accuse me of talking about gear!

• Members
You'll just make it then ... only JUST though.
;)

Nice to be broke with nice gear though ain't it? I plan to buy some nice gear and then be broke but content looking at it and using it.

As to Portland ... now there is a city I have long wanted to visit ... friends have told me it would be MY kind of town ... oh and being a bit of a writer myself it would be handy for me to attend some of Chucks P's workshops ... I write my Dystopian fiction in the key of Ballard.
:idea:

Yeah, I had a good day gig a few years ago and indulged my GAS to the fullest extent of the law. Now, I'm trying as hard a possible to avoid selling off gear.

Well, I've been to Sydney for a few days once and I felt right at home there so I'm sure you'd feel at home here too. The main differences I could spot besides driving on the other side of the road is, over here we call espresso diluted with a bit of water an "Americano". I remember when I was there I was craving one really bad but was wondering what the heck they were called - Australiano? :freak: I think they're called "long black" there, is that right? But "long black" sounds kinda funny :eek:

• Members
Yeah, I had a good day gig a few years ago and indulged my GAS to the fullest extent of the law. Now, I'm trying as hard a possible to avoid selling off gear.-

Ahhh the old day gig ... I have opted for the more frugal lifestyle freelancing and having more free time but less money - lifestyle trip!
-

Well, I've been to Sydney for a few days once and I felt right at home there so I'm sure you'd feel at home here too. The main differences I could spot besides driving on the other side of the road is, over here we call espresso diluted with a bit of water an "Americano". I remember when I was there I was craving one really bad but was wondering what the heck they were called - Australiano?
:freak:
I think they're called "long black" there, is that right? But "long black" sounds kinda funny
:eek:

Cool stuff ... yeah Sydney is a great town, I grew up here - a very beautiful city with many hidden parts. Three days is certainly NOT enough for you to have seen the best kept secrets but enough to whet the appetite for a return trip some day for sure. I gave up my love of cafe 11 years ago when I gave a way smoking ... I used to brew my own with fresh beans each morning ... I was a serious Machiatto NUTCASE!!! I used the Italian machina .. I had a Napolitan girlfriend to go with it all.

You are right though ... they are called a Long Black here! I never drank those ... I liked the Machiatto best. ;)

Archived