Petition to change this forum's name

kittycaster

• Members
Ahhh the old day gig ... I have opted for the more frugal lifestyle freelancing and having more free time but less money - lifestyle trip!

-

Cool stuff ... yeah Sydney is a great town, I grew up here - a very beautiful city with many hidden parts. Three days is certainly NOT enough for you to have seen the best kept secrets but enough to whet the appetite for a return trip some day for sure. I gave up my love of cafe 11 years ago when I gave a way smoking ... I used to brew my own with fresh beans each morning ... I was a serious Machiatto NUTCASE!!! I used the Italian machina .. I had a Napolitan girlfriend to go with it all.

You are right though ... they are called a Long Black here! I never drank those ... I liked the Machiatto best.
;)

When I lived in San Francisco, I drank a lot of machiattos... yum... ka-pow!

I felt like a barely saw Sydney. Was with my gf at the time. We stayed somewhere downtown close to the ferries. Went to the zoo. Sydney's zoo is awesome, the best zoo I've ever been to. Walked around the opera house. Walked around downtown looking for record stores, cool clothes.... but didn't find any gear shops :( . Oh yeah, and drank Long Blacks!

Yeah, I'd love to visit Australia again.... one of these days. Meantime, if you ever end up visiting over here give a shout out! :wave:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I felt like a barely saw Sydney. Was with my gf at the time. We stayed somewhere downtown close to the ferries. Went to the zoo. Sydney's zoo is awesome, the best zoo I've ever been to. Walked around the opera house. Walked around downtown looking for record stores, cool clothes.... but didn't find any gear shops
:(
. Oh yeah, and drank Long Blacks!

Yeah, I'd love to visit Australia again.... one of these days. Meantime, if you ever end up visiting over here give a shout out!
:wave:

You tryin to muscle in on my woman?

:D :D :D

33046f8.jpg

I kill me when I have been drinkin!

:wave: :wave:

• Members
You'll just make it then ... only JUST though.
;)

Nice to be broke with nice gear though ain't it? I plan to buy some nice gear and then be broke but content looking at it and using it.
:D

As to Portland ... now there is a city I have long wanted to visit ... friends have told me it would be MY kind of town ... oh and being a bit of a writer myself it would be handy for me to attend some of Chucks P's workshops ... I write my Dystopian fiction in the key of Ballard.
:idea:

1 more.

I think I have pissed myself...I aints kidding!

3zv6yrs.jpg

:D :D

• Members

Awww mang ... don't remind meeeeee!!! :cry: :cry:

I felt like a barely saw Sydney. Was with my gf at the time. We stayed somewhere downtown close to the ferries. Went to the zoo. Sydney's zoo is awesome, the best zoo I've ever been to. Walked around the opera house. Walked around downtown looking for record stores, cool clothes.... but didn't find any gear shops
:(
. Oh yeah, and drank Long Blacks!

Nice spot to be though ... nice and central where you were. You were down near Circular Quay then. Taronga Zoo is awesome ... my highscool was in the same suburb when I was growing up ... in my twenties I lived just near the zoo overlooking the harbour and I used to hear Elephants trumpeting at night and the lions roaring etc ... very cool when you are sitting back with a spliff at 1am on a balcony listening to tunes and you have that stuff carrying across the night air ... :cool:

Yeah, I'd love to visit Australia again.... one of these days. Meantime, if you ever end up visiting over here give a shout out!
:wave:

Likewise mate ... if you ever get back here don't hesitate to let me know! I'd very much like to check Portland out ... Oregon is meant to be VERY green also ... I'd dig doing some photography that way too. :thu:

• Members
in my twenties I lived just near the zoo overlooking the harbour and I used to hear Elephants trumpeting at night and the lions roaring etc ... very cool when you are sitting back with a spliff at 1am on a balcony listening to tunes and you have that stuff carrying across the night air ...
:cool:

That's a very nice image. I can feel the smell of spliff in the night air... ahh.

Yes, Oregon is very green. It is also very GREEN :cool: if ya know what I mean. ;)

Just two tips if you come over here: Substitute the word "dude" for the word "mate", mate. And don't order a "long black"! The girl behind the counter will look at you very strangely! :freak:

Oh, and one more thing about Portland Oregon. It is known as the strip club capitol of USA. Not sure exactly why that is but there are more strip clubs here per capita than any other city in America. And girls as well as guys like to hang out at them. :love:

• Members

MACHIATTO!!!
:p

Yeah .... :love::cry:

That's a very nice image. I can feel the smell of spliff in the night air... ahh.

Yes, Oregon is very green. It is also very GREEN
:cool:
if ya know what I mean.
;)

I only drink these days ... gave all that away in my mid 20's along with the cigs and cafe! DRINKING IS JUST AS MUCH FUN!!! :D

Just two tips if you come over here: Substitute the word "dude" for the word "mate", mate. And don't order a "long black"! The girl behind the counter will look at you very strangely!
:freak:

Fair enough ... but what about that song ... "Don't call me dude?!!!" ;)

Oh, and one more thing about Portland Oregon. It is known as the strip club capitol of USA. Not sure exactly why that is but there are more strip clubs here per capita than any other city in America. And girls as well as guys like to hang out at them.

IS that a fact? Sounds very debauched ... cool! :D

Actually I hear also that Portland has a very transient population and that it's got a rep for being a bit seedy ... what's the word on that? :confused:

• Members
You'll just make it then ... only JUST though.
;)

Nice to be broke with nice gear though ain't it? I plan to buy some nice gear and then be broke but content looking at it and using it.

As to Portland ... now there is a city I have long wanted to visit ... friends have told me it would be MY kind of town ... oh and being a bit of a writer myself it would be handy for me to attend some of Chucks P's workshops ... I write my Dystopian fiction in the key of Ballard.
:idea:

2ltsmtg.jpg

• Members
Effects
Stomp boxes, multi-effects, towering racks, cats, midgets, avatars, multi-threads about other threads, and hot asian chicks.

What else did I miss?

I vote for the change.

(But instead of hot asian chicks, how about Hayek-esque chick-pics?)

• Members
IS that a fact? Sounds very debauched ... cool!

Actually I hear also that Portland has a very transient population and that it's got a rep for being a bit seedy ... what's the word on that?
:confused:

Yeah, it's crazy here. You give driving directions by referencing what the nearest strip club is. "No, no, it's by Sassy's Club."... "Oh ok, I know what street you're talking about now I thought you meant his house was by The Acropolis."

Seedy? No. Not by west coast American cities standards anyways. By Sydney standards? From what I saw of Sydney, many parts of Portland would seem downright scary!

Traditionally Portland was a very provincial town... most residents "born and raised". But it's become a bit more cosmo' lately, especially 20-something year old musicians moving to Portland - wasn't always like that. But still, not as transient as say San Francisco where no one is born but everyone moves to.

:thu:

• Members
Yeah ....
:love::cry:

I only drink these days ... gave all that away in my mid 20's along with the cigs and cafe! DRINKING IS JUST AS MUCH FUN!!!

Fair enough ... but what about that song ... "Don't call me dude?!!!"
;)

IS that a fact? Sounds very debauched ... cool!

Actually I hear also that Portland has a very transient population and that it's got a rep for being a bit seedy ... what's the word on that?
:confused:

2uptptu.jpg

Archived