Listening to the Beatles inspires me to:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

jas... he did have an obnoxious side to him, particularly after the band broke up. i mean, you would have to be pretty damned arrogant to fall in love with the brilliant artist that created (well, thought of, didn't actually build) this;
cockroach_install_3.jpg

Ok. What the {censored} is that? :freak:

• Members

I'm not sure why people keep talking about flaws in Beatles music.

It was pretty dam polished, and the parts were played very exactly.

I think what you hear more of now is a large amount of attention and skill put to engineering a certain sound, a tone. That's gone a bit too far, in my book.

• Members

If
only
John Lennon had 15 rackmount delays in parallel, he would've been making
way
better music and be disgustingly preachy and have a ridiculously overinflated sense of self-worth.

All John Lennon needed was a guitar to make great music!

An overinflated sense of self-worth is much better than a winey underinflated sense of self doubt that comes out of much of todays music.

• Members
jas... he did have an obnoxious side to him, particularly after the band broke up. i mean, you would have to be pretty damned arrogant to fall in love with the brilliant artist that created (well, thought of, didn't actually build) this;
cockroach_install_3.jpg

What does this have to do with the Beatles music? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Your grasping at straws! :freak:

• Members

Reapproach recording techniques.

To that end, this is a great read on recording the Beatles http://www.amazon.com/Here-There-Everywhere-Recording-Beatles/dp/1592401791 Geoff Emerick enginered most of their records. The book really gives a new perspective their music. A lot of standard techniques (guitar/vocals through a leslie, close mic-ing, tape loops, etc.) were developed on the spot during those recordings. Good stuff.

• Members

I wouldn't be playing guitar if it wasn't for The Beatles. I would have stuck with my original plan to play drums. I would be a {censored}ty drummer, I bet!

I never really tire of The Beatles. Sure, I've outgrown a lot of pre-Rubber Soul stuff, or should I say I've simply tired of it. But I can never tire of their 66 to 70 material.

I listen to a huge variety of music, and these days tend towards a lot of obscure and avant garde music, but The Beatles will always be the foundation for me. Along with Led Zeppelin, Velvet Underground and a handful of blues artists.

• Members
To that end, this is a great read on recording the Beatles
http://www.amazon.com/Here-There-Everywhere-Recording-Beatles/dp/1592401791
Geoff Emerick enginered most of their records. The book really gives a new perspective their music. A lot of standard techniques (guitar/vocals through a leslie, close mic-ing, tape loops, etc.) were developed on the spot during those recordings. Good stuff.

+100

Great great book. Very edifying as well as extremely entertaining! :thu:

• Members
... inspires me to cover one of their majestic songs - my humble attemp here:
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2943&alid=-1

it's "SFF" = Strawberry Fields Forever. it's just a demo i did on my own, i'm planning on putting some real drums on it and replace the vocals with one in tune - but i love the sounds!!!

Awesome!!!! Great sounds! I'm curious to know what you used on this track? :thu:

Here's my version of I Am The Walrus. I play all the parts except for the drums. I did all the "string" parts with an eBow:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=341725&songID=2404306

:wave:

• Members

Listening to them inspires me to spend more time making music, and less time talking about making music.

Please Please Me (1963)
With the Beatles (1963)
A Hard Day's Night (1964)
Beatles for Sale (1964)
Help! (1965)
Rubber Soul (1965)
Revolver (1966)
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
Magical Mystery Tour (1967)
The Beatles (The White Album) (1968)
Let It Be (recorded 1969)
Abbey Road (1969)

Plus a ton of hit singles that weren't on the albums...

What have I been doing for the past seven years again? Ummm, yeah...

Archived