Lamb of God on Conan last night

hangwire

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I specifically said I don't like lamb of god. I also don't like blanket statements about things that you don't understand, have never done, and have no interest in being talentless. thats your opinion, right on, whatever, but it just strikes me as ignorant and know-it-all-ish. I might think that 'soft-rock' is boring and cliche, but I would never say it doesn't take any talent because I don't do it. so there you go.

blanket statements? i dont like Lamb of God for the reasons i stated. THE VOCALS!!! and i dont like the vocals, because i hate the way they sound. I think they suck. And i dont think it takes much talent to do what they do. Yea it takes some talent (i never said it didn't), but it sure as hell isn't SINGING. Call me what you wish i really dont care lol. If your going to get all fired up over my opinion on harmony central, and try to corner me on it, then have fun with that.

Grow up alittle and learn to deal with people who dissagree with you. :wave:

• Members

both:thu:

I see, well the thing you didn't understand is, it's not meant to be singing. it's vocals. vocals are not necessarily "singing"... it's just a tool for the music. it serves as another instrument. the same is true for tons of other things. there's lots of music which doesn't have singing vocals... stuff with spoken word, manic yelling, rhymes, etc.

and, I do appreciate a good singer, but good writing and lyrical content far outweighs vocal delivery style for me. if something is passionate and has a strong message that I agree with, then I couldn't care less how the vocals are expressed.

(by the way, the above has nothing to do with lamb of god. I already said I'm not a fan of that band.... just so you don't take it out of context...)

• Members
blanket statements? i dont like Lamb of God for the reasons i stated. THE VOCALS!!! and i dont like the vocals, because i hate the way they sound. I think they suck. And i dont think it takes much talent to do what they do. Yea it takes some talent (i never said it didn't), but it sure as hell isn't SINGING. Call me what you wish i really dont care lol. If your going to get all fired up over my opinion on harmony central, and try to corner me on it, then have fun with that.

Grow up alittle and learn to deal with people who dissagree with you.
:wave:

I'm not cornering you on jack {censored}. I also didn't call you anything. If I was calling you out on your opinion, I wouldn't be talking right now in a calm discourse. I just want to dispel that myth. so 'piss off' yourself, i guess. overrrr it.

• Members

I see, well the thing you didn't understand is, it's not meant to be singing. it's vocals. vocals are not necessarily "singing"... it's just a tool for the music. it serves as another instrument. the same is true for tons of other things. there's lots of music which doesn't have singing vocals... stuff with spoken word, manic yelling, rhymes, etc.

and, I do appreciate a good singer, but good writing and lyrical content far outweighs vocal delivery style for me. if something is passionate and has a strong message that I agree with, then I couldn't care less how the vocals are expressed.

(by the way, the above has nothing to do with lamb of god. I already said I'm not a fan of that band.... just so you don't take it out of context...)

good point. i guess i usually just look for the vocalist to 'sing'. not what i'm used to.

• Members

I'm not cornering you on jack {censored}. I also didn't call you anything. If I was calling you out on your opinion, I wouldn't be talking right now in a calm discourse. I just want to dispel that myth. so 'piss off' yourself, i guess. overrrr it.

(hands box of tampons to beardcom)

lol you started in with me because of my opinion, kinda sad eh?

• Members
No, i didn't start in on you. I questioned what you said. har har har. you win the internet.

you questioned what i said, and i told you why i said what i said, and you kept at it. big f'in deal. were here for the same reason, we have the same interests, we both hate Lamb of God for various reasons.

(hugs and kisses):love:

• Members
you questioned what i said, and i told you why i said what i said, and you kept at it. big f'in deal. were here for the same reason, we have the same interests, we both hate Lamb of God for various reasons.

(hugs and kisses)
:love:

I genuinely could care less about this argument. let bygones be bygones and {censored}.

• Members
IMO people who sing like that, do it because they simply cant sing.

I love this statement and how many times I've heard it. The vocalist of one of my early bands(A metalcore band, but 6 years ago. So it wasn't really following a trend.), was one of the best vocalists in the choir at my school of 2500 kids.:thu: :thu:

It's just pure ignorance. I understand what you're getting at, but get a clue.

• Members
I love this statement and how many times I've heard it. The vocalist of one of my early bands(A metalcore band, but 6 years ago. So it wasn't really following a trend.), was one of the best vocalists in the choir at my school of 2500 kids.
:thu:

well then i need to be schooled in that logic because if the dude CAN sing, then why sing like that? It's not good for your voice at all, and it sounds wretched. I'm sorry but those vocals are one thing i cant get over. I actually thought the music was decent expecially the guitarists, but the vox ruined it for me. If you can sing, then why sing like that?

maybe it's the effect there after, or the tone. Hell maybe thats the sound they want. If thats so, and they CAN actually sing then i stand corrected and i'm glad to admit it. I just dont get why and how people find that sound, appealing...

• Members
I love this statement and how many times I've heard it. The vocalist of one of my early bands(A metalcore band, but 6 years ago. So it wasn't really following a trend.), was one of the best vocalists in the choir at my school of 2500 kids.

THANK YOU. EXACTLY.

• Members

well then i need to be schooled in that logic because if the dude CAN sing, then why sing like that? It's not good for your voice at all, and it sounds wretched. I'm sorry but those vocals are one thing i cant get over. I actually thought the music was decent expecially the guitarists, but the vox ruined it for me. If you can sing, then why sing like that?

maybe it's the effect there after, or the tone. Hell maybe thats the sound they want. If thats so, and they CAN actually sing then i stand corrected and i'm glad to admit it. I just dont get why and how people find that sound, appealing...

because it fits the music. it's there for a reason.

I'm guessing you can't understand hip hop either?

or any old punk, hardcore, or rock bands that only yell?

different vocals have their places in different types of music

• Members

when randy sings, he has a cool rock voice, i don't see the growl thing as a cop out, i see people who can't appreciate it and therefore dismiss it as valid as a copout.

so there cookie tits. neener.

i would take randy blythe over david tonedeaf gilmour any day:thu:

there's my opinion. anyone need a tampon?

• Members
because it fits the music. it's there for a reason.

I'm guessing you can't understand hip hop either?

or any old punk, hardcore, or rock bands that only yell?

different vocals have their places in different types of music

thank you. I understand that. I'm not a complete idiot. :rolleyes:

BOTTOM LINE IS I THINK THOSE VOCALS SOUND LIKE {censored}. get over it and start a Cookie Monster vox fan club if my opinion bothers you that much.:freak:

• Members

well then i need to be schooled in that logic because if the dude CAN sing, then why sing like that? It's not good for your voice at all, and it sounds wretched. I'm sorry but those vocals are one thing i cant get over.

I had a similar reaction to G.I. Joe. I would have totally watched the show if Cobra Commander spoke like Ben Kingsley.

• Members
:rolleyes:

Just can't win with you. Allow me to say this without raising offense (and i really genuinely mean this): next time someone tries to inform you about something you don't understand, try to listen with an open ear, rather than telling them to piss off.

Archived