OT: After a long time...

• Members
On behalf of my fellow Californians, Welcome!
:wave:
Now go back home.
:mad:
Seriously, the freeways are bad enough already, please don't add to it...
:cry:

One more smiley for good luck:
:blah:

lol you're right, I have no right to move in on a bunch of local natives who have obviously been there....wait....

:D

Just consider me a straggler from the Oregon Trail...Jon got bit by a snake. Anyway... You don't have to worry about me on the Ventura...I'll either be on my bike passing you on the shoulder, above your head in a VIP helicopter ( :rolleyes: ), or most likely offending people in mass transit :thu:

• 2 months later...
  • Members
And you haven't died from dysentery yet?
:D
(lame reference, sorry)

+1 post toasties.

Nope...ohhhhhhh I'm still alive....

Enough rockin out Vedder style. I shipped out to LA early to track B3 on my friend's album and it came out SICK. Dropped outta school and literally came straight out the next day. But it's been a crazy trip out here...certainly not what I expected. Disappointed and pleasantly surprised at the same time.

I will say this: someone said the music industry is more corrupt than coke trafficking. I wholly believe em. But that no excuse for anyone out there who's thinking the same thing.

From a beverly hills hotel to eviction, every minute out here is worth it and another step towards a better American music industry. If you've got the same kinda vibe runnin through your spine, don't waste the time. Get off your keister and get in now. The Revolution is on.

Don't forget it.

-jon

p.s. as soon as i get permission I'm posting my Hammond B3 track all over this {censored}!

• Members

coming up I'm working on a couple film scripts...not exactly musical expressionism, but my education is in writing so if people toss me a script and money that'll pay the rent, I'll get writing

Basically...came into town to track organ, tracked some organ, now I'm involved in a movie script while I get a band in shape to get serious with the industry. Just another guy lookingg to make the jump from studio musician to frontman.

I'm surrounded by a whole gang of inspired professionals and all the money to boot...in a serious musical environment, I have yet to hear a complaint about my singing. In fact, I've gotten a few numbers.

I expect 1/10 to be reasonable. Even fewer will pan out. Gotta be skeptical...but still anticipate the optimistic. I'm just glad to get some of my own Hammond playing onto tape (where it won't go anywhere). My grandkids will hear the same thing I did, and i think that's kinda cool. Maybe I'll get kicked back like so many singers do and my lyrics won't go anywhere...but at least my instrumental work is set in stone.

Either way, I've got a roof over my head and food in my stomach and enough business contacts to get me through the end of the month. What matters is that there's a bigger picture, and that I'm not about to just cave and give anything over, and I've got real friends out here.

It's all about who you know, unfortunately. If you know people, and you are talent, you're basically set. What me and my comrades want to see is an industry where all you need is talent...but I guess that all depends on how much money we make in Hollywood...wish us l

Either way, if you genuinely believe in what you're doing, you owe your Work a shot. Get it professional, send it, and pray. We're not the only ones in Los Angeles that want to see a better scene, but we're also not gonna pull it off alone, so get your asses out here and get a word in. Have your say. Record sales are down and I swear the record executives are looking for the next 'big thing'.

Too much to get into, but if you're really feeling your music and you consider it Work over a hobby, don't fart around. You only get one chance, two if you're lucky, so capitalize while you're still young. That's what I did - and I'm far from losing.

-jon

Archived