Kick a$$ pedal score!

• Members

Looking at craigslist I found a listing by some lady selling a bunch of gear including several vintage pedals. She had a lot more than I bought but I had limited funds so I got...

This Ibanez GE9 for $30

DSC00319a.jpg

This Seiwa phaser for $10

DSC00318a.jpg

and this Boss DD-2 for $45!

DSC00322a.jpg

They all work great, and I was very surprised by the sounds from that Seiwa. Does anyone know anything about it? It was MIJ, and I found some info online about it- apparently it was marketed under several different brand names.

• Members

What's the Seiwa like?

It's been so long since I've played other phasers that I can't make a direct comparison. It sounds great though, whether it's used subtly or with the knobs turned up. I think it's as good sounding an effect as I own actually- a real sleeper.

• Members

Is the case pretty sturdy?

Well you wouldn't think so but it's gotta be at least 15-20 years old and still holding up. It doesn't look to be sturdy but it has withstood the test of time. The enclosure is made of plastic. I suppose it could be rehoused.

• Members

Thanks fellas. Hopefully that well aint dry yet too, so expect more in the coming weeks.

trade me that dd2!!!

Got a DD-20? :D When I bought that DD-2 I had visions of me selling it and buying a DD-20 dancing in my head. Although now I don't know. I have that DD-2 and a Digidelay on my board right now and it's a pretty comprehensive combo.
:confused:

• Members
Thanks fellas. Hopefully that well aint dry yet too, so expect more in the coming weeks.

Got a DD-20?
:D
When I bought that DD-2 I had visions of me selling it and buying a DD-20 dancing in my head. Although now I don't know. I have that DD-2 and a Digidelay on my board right now and it's a pretty comprehensive combo.

:confused:

It does sounds like a great combo. If you're ever curious about the DD-20, well take a look at the lounge on this page. It is also rather nice but, like anything, has its pro's and con's.

• Members

It does sounds like a great combo. If you're ever curious about the DD-20, well take a look at the lounge on this page. It is also rather nice but, like anything, has its pro's and con's.

I have peeked inside that thread and it only seems to fuel my gas. You don't see little DD-2 clubs sharing secrets and insight. I've read some about the pros but not much in the way of cons regarding the DD-20, is that included in the DD-20 lounge?

• Members
I have peeked inside that thread and it only seems to fuel my gas. You don't see little DD-2 clubs sharing secrets and insight. I've read some about the pros but not much in the way of cons regarding the DD-20, is that included in the DD-20 lounge?

Hmm, I thought so, but they might be harder to find. Off the top of my head:

-in the dual-delay mode, I believe that the shorter delay only goes up to 100ms.
-accessing different presets can be cumbersome if you want to go from, say, preset 1 to 3 without cycling through 2.
-the sound-on-sound mode, while cool, is much more limited than a real looper, as it does not allow for overdub undo's, loop recall, and other goodies.

There are others, but really for me, the positives hugely outweigh the negatives. :thu:

Archived