Delay Whores, Name Your Dedicated Delays!

aeon

• Members

My 2 Danecho's set me free. They does all I need.

Got a Boss DM2, but don't use it.

Wouldn't mind having the Digidelay. It's pretty damn nice for the $$. Some guy was selling one on Craigslist around here for $40. I shoulda nabbed it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

some home built thingy which is just 2 delays running parallel
a dd-3 tweaked just a bit
an old ibanez 10 series digital blue thing that has some nice sounds in it

I sort of gave up on analog delays, they just don't cut through very well live :idk: actually i think i just maybe going through some weird abstaining from delay phase because...well i don't have a good reason, so it is probably inscho's fault :freak:

• Members
That sounds really cool.
:love:

it has made me happy, one delay goes from 0 to ~400 the other from 150 to ~800, there is a momentray feedback switch (for the instant oscillation) and a loop in it too in case i want some modulation. When i write it out it sounds cooler than it is :freak:

it's just a delay that works

• Members
it has made me happy, one delay goes from 0 to ~400 the other from 150 to ~800, there is a momentray feedback switch (for the instant oscillation) and a loop in it too in case i want some modulation. When i write it out it sounds cooler than it is
:freak:

Wow, a loop? That is such a great feature for delays.

Is it cooler on paper just for the fact that you don't use all its features? Because it sounds like there are a lot of possibilities there.

• Members
it has made me happy, one delay goes from 0 to ~400 the other from 150 to ~800, there is a momentray feedback switch (for the instant oscillation) and a loop in it too in case i want some modulation. When i write it out it sounds cooler than it is
:freak:

take some damn pics of this!:mad: i've been wanting a parallel delay pedal in a single box for awhile...sounds {censored}ing sweet.

• Members

Only a DD-20 right now...it gets the job done. I'm really really wanting a DM-2 or 3 though.

However, I'm also really really wanting a crunch box, tb looping system, DMM, VP JR, and a new power supply right now as well, so...

• Members
Wow, a loop? That is such a great feature for delays.

Is it cooler on paper just for the fact that you don't use all its features? Because it sounds like there are a lot of possibilities there.

i guess it is more a factor of time...at first i was thrilled, i still am to an extent, but after a while of use, you kind of get used to the features as being a standard (i guess because i ended my delay search with this it should say something ;) ) And the possibilities are definitely there for alot of fun noises with stuff in the loop :D

i guess i was also attempting to be a bit humble because it wasn't too hard (after i figured it all out - which took some time, and was kind of hard :D ) [i am a self contradicting moran :freak: ]

cantoXIII i will take some pics tonight

• Members

On the board I have a DD-3 (taiwan) and AD-9 (original 80's Maxon). Off the board I have a DE-7.

I am pretty satisfied with this though I would like an Ibanez DML for the modulation.

What's the difference if any between the Japanese and Taiwanese DD-3? Is it noticable enough to worry about getting the Japanese one?

• Members

What I'd like to know is what are the differences between relatively cheap analog delay pedals (Arion SAD-1, DOD fx90, fx96, etc..) I want to get an analog delay but don't really want to shell out a couple hundred bucks... any recommendations? thanks

• Members

dd-20 (THE BEEES NEEES) i freaking LOVE this thing
re-20 (in the mail. i will let ya'll know how it is)
dod dfx-94 (sellin it)
dd-5 (i wanna try the high cut mod. its a little harsh)

I WANT:

echo park (heard/read good and bad things) we will see
digitech digi delay (one of my fav new bands swear by it)

PM me if u got either 4 sale ;)

• Members

DD20, I love it! :thu:

I like the standard, analog, tape and warped settings. I hardly ever use the others.

I wouldn't mind getting an old school vintage Echoplex or something along those lines, though, just for the hell of it.

Archived