EHX #1 Echo - - - New Delay

dZjupp

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its 2 seconds and yes its analog sounding.

:thu:

Thanks guys. :wave:

All these people are bashin on it and they never seen it,
:cry:

I've never understood the way that some people bash products, but have never heard them or used / tried them at all. :confused:

I always reserve judgement until after I've personally heard / used something. Of course, you might be able to tell from a features list if a product has / can do what you want, but there's no way to know what it is going to sound like until you actually use it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Personally, I can't wait for this thing.
It's exactly what I've been looking for. A digital delay that self-oscillates nicely, relativvely high delay time, and is simple.

Plus it's made in the USA and is fairly cheap, as delays go.:thu:

• Members

It's exactly what I've been looking for. A digital delay that self-oscillates nicely, relativvely high delay time, and is simple.

Plus it's made in the USA and is fairly cheap, as delays go.

So it definitely self-oscillates? I must have missed that tidbit.

• Members

Plus it's made in the USA and is fairly cheap, as delays go.

IF it self oscillates, and IF it doesn't sounds sterile and 'digital', then i'm all over it. If it sounds just like a dd3 though then no thanks.

• Members

IF it self oscillates, and IF it doesn't sounds sterile and 'digital', then i'm all over it. If it sounds just like a dd3 though then no thanks.

I don't think it will, they seem to listen to what people want at the moment and the only recent product (out of many) that people haven't liked was the nano clone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm amazed that a relatively gimmicky sound effect is such a high priority on people's shopping list for delays.

Yes it sounds cool at the end of Karma Police, but really...

I agree. If you use self-oscillation more than once in all the music you ever play you've used it too much IMO.

• Members
open up a DMM and see if you can figure out how to put what's in there into a small enclosure. i'm suprised so many people are so quick to break bad on ehx without the pedal even being out and without knowing the price.

What if you seperated the board into 3, or even 2 and stacked them, inside a higher case ? that would work, but would probably cost more to manufactuer like that so it wont happen. :(

• Members

Boooooring.

No Modulation? Fuhgeddaboutit!

Yet people pay over 200 for analog delay such as the dm-2 and dm-3. And your'e worried about EHX releasing a cheaper analog delay than both of the forementioned delays that don't have modulation....Right. Makes a whole lot of sense.

People wanted a smaller footpring analog delay from the guys who are known for their delay the most, and we got it.

Archived