The "how did I go this long without getting into _______???" thread

• Members

You've known of them.

You heard they were good.

They've been around for quite a while. Even decades.

And yet you just "discovered" them... not even a year ago. :confused:

Meshuggah is the last band I've discovered this way.

Also want to get some music from The Cramps, as well as Husker Du.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be totally honest i just watched Iron Maiden Live "Rock in Rio".
They really blew me out of the water. I've heard a couple of their singles but wholly s**t .Where have i been all these years .
Think i might have to buy the back catalogue of albums.

• Members

ISIS. Started listening to them last summer. Went to see TOOL in October, when ISIS opened. Pretty kickass. Dulcinea is such a great song.

I'm a latecomer to Isis as well, despite hearing about them for about 5 years before I actually heard them.

• Members

Korn

yes I said that

You know, if people would stop {censored}ting on Korn 'cause of the whole nu-metal stigma, they'd realize how original and underrated they actually are. No other band sounds like them and they sound like no other band. They really are a good band, it's just too bad they spawned a legion of imitators who truly deserve to get {censored} on.

• Members

You know, if people would stop {censored}ting on Korn 'cause of the whole nu-metal stigma, they'd realize how original and underrated they actually are. No other band sounds like them and they sound like no other band. They really are a good band, it's just too bad they spawned a legion of imitators who truly deserve to get {censored} on.

It's not just the "nu metal stigma", they are genuinely a terrible band... I admit that their first two albums were really good for their time, and I'll put on a track or two if I want to relive highschool for five minutes, but they should have quit when they were ahead, and they're a joke now... Their material didn't age well either compared to other early/mid 90's bands...

As for discovering bands too late, I'm starting to check out My Bloody Valentine & Guided By Voices, and I was a year late deciding that I love Autolux, which I initially didn't pay much attention to when their album first came out...

• Members

It's not just the "nu metal stigma", they are genuinely a terrible band... I admit that their first two albums were really good for their time, and I'll put on a track or two if I want to relive highschool for five minutes, but they should have quit when they were ahead, and they're a joke now... Their material didn't age well either compared to other early/mid 90's bands...

As for discovering bands too late, I'm starting to check out My Bloody Valentine & Guided By Voices, and I was a year late deciding that I love Autolux, which I initially didn't pay much attention to when their album first came out...

Well, to be honest, all I know of them is what I heard on eMpTy V and the radio. Never really got into them myself. But at least they have, or had, a unique sound that sets them apart.

• Members

Be Bop Deluxe.

I heard one of their tunes years ago while DJ'ing for a college radio station. I was immediately struck by the guitar playing, and asked the other jockey whose disc he was playing. He responded "that's Bill Nelson", as if I should've already known that. And now I know why.

I finally picked up some of their CDs earlier this year, and have since become a big fan.

Archived