So who grilled out this memorial day?

Alex D

• Members

i grilled out saturday night and sunday night so i wasn't in the mood today. btw... a good way to do corn on the cob is to take the husk off and put it right on the grill with salt and pepper. i just learned that yesterday. i would always leave the husk on and put it on the top rack but the other way is so much better.

• Members
i grilled out saturday night and sunday night so i wasn't in the mood today. btw... a good way to do corn on the cob is to take the husk off and put it right on the grill with salt and pepper. i just learned that yesterday. i would always leave the husk on and put it on the top rack but the other way is so much better.

doesn't it burn. I use a hybrid method, I leave in the husk and put it straight on the grill until fully burnt on the outside then move it to the top rack. This way it gets corn gets great caramelizing and still be hot :rawk:

• Members
doesn't it burn. I use a hybrid method, I leave in the husk and put it straight on the grill until fully burnt on the outside then move it to the top rack. This way it gets corn gets great caramelizing and still be hot
:rawk:

you just need to have a place for it on the grill that isn't too hot. we use one of those big round charcoal grills and push the coals towards one side.

• Members

grilled twice today. burgers, dogs, hot sausage. At the end of round one I thew 2 more dogs on for my daughter and went in to eat. As often happens during the meal I got distracted by the sleepy 8 month old and the 3 year old refusing to eat. I put my younger one down for a nap and slipped into a coma myself. about 40 minutes later I shot out of bed remembering the the grill was still on. If any one needs two pieces of charcoal that vaguely resemble hot dogs, let me know.

Luckily the second grilling venture was much more successful.

• Members
you just need to have a place for it on the grill that isn't too hot. we use one of those big round charcoal grills and push the coals towards one side.

I'll give it a shot next time, I am kind of getting sick of getting the steam burns when opening the corn up :mad::freak:

• Members
grilled twice today. burgers, dogs, hot sausage. At the end of round one I thew 2 more dogs on for my daughter and went in to eat. As often happens during the meal I got distracted by the sleepy 8 month old and the 3 year old refusing to eat. I put my younger one down for a nap and slipped into a coma myself. about 40 minutes later I shot out of bed remembering the the grill was still on. If any one needs two pieces of charcoal that vaguely resemble hot dogs, let me know.

Luckily the second grilling venture was much more successful.

food coma :bor: :bor: :bor:

• Members

i have to admit that i grill everyday and sometimes up to 5 times a day.of course i live in tucson where the weather is either "hot" or "not as hot" so im not going to get rained out of a picnic......come to think of it we would pay admission to a picnic that had rain.

• Members

Baby backs slathered in sauce Saturday night. Grilled some hot links for appetizers and diced some up into some red beans and rice to go with the ribs. Friends brought over some el cheapo Bud Light and it was a great meal.

Tonight it was tri-tip on the grill. We sliced up some sourdough rolls and made sandwiches with some pilaf. Home make ice cream is in the freezer waiting for me as I write this. :eek::thu::):wave:

hiked in the anza-borrego desert and grilled my brain.

had some old time diner food at the red ocotillo (look for the "EAT" neon sign) while 70s music blared (kiss, foghat, bto) - nice...

Any water in Coyote creek at the moment?

I used to hang out there from time to time. Nice camping if you like it primitive. Great off-roading. You probably missed the best of the spring flowers though. :wave:

• Members
Any water in Coyote creek at the moment?

I used to hang out there from time to time. Nice camping if you like it primitive. Great off-roading. You probably missed the best of the spring flowers though.
:wave:

It was pretty dry already all around - and yes, no flowers. Had a few short hikes (Wind Caves, Elephant Trees), and watched the more ambitious get heat exhaustion as we headed back in town for drinks... (one weekend warrior on a bike staggered into the bar we were at and collapsed).

We'll probably be back for Borrego Days in October - much better hiking weather then.

Archived