HI BAND FLANGER HF300

INTELLIGATE IG9

PHASER PH9

POWER OVERDRIVE PO300

TUBE AMP MODELER TM300

VINTAGE DISTORTION VD1

VINTAGE DELAY VD400

VINTAGE TIME MACHINE VM1

With that many knock-off pedals, something in that list is bound to become highly prized and collectible for its reproduction fidelity, limited production numbers, and/or its ability to be modded. I second iodine74's motion that someone compile a list of pedals that inspired each of these.

• Members

Just ordered the Tube Overdrive and Noise gate pedal.
Will let you know how I get on

CHORUS SPACE-D CD400
DIGITAL DELAY DD600 - Boss DD-5/6
DIGITAL REVERB DR600
DIGITAL REVERB/DELAY DR400 - Boss
DYNAMIC WAH DW400
ECHO MACHINE EM600 - Line 6 Echo Park
FILTER MACHINE FM600 - Live 6 Dr Otto
FLANGER MACHINE FL600 - Verbzilla
REVERB MACHINE RV600 - Line 6
ROTARY MACHINE RM600 - Line 6
SUPER FLANGER SF400 - Boss BF-3
SUPER OCTAVER SO400 - Boss OC-3
SUPER PHASE SHIFTER SP400 - Boss PH-3
ULTRA OCTAVER UO300 -
ULTRA SHIFTER/HARMONIST US600 - Boss
INSTRUMENT/AMP SELECTOR AB100 - Boss
V-TONE ACOUSTIC ADI21
ACOUSTIC MODELER AM100 - Boss AC-3
BASS GRAPHIC EQUALIZER BEQ700 - Boss or anything
BLUES OVERDRIVE BO100 - Boss BD-2
COMPRESSOR/LIMITER CL9
CHORUS ORCHESTRA CO600 -
COMPRESSOR/SUSTAINER CS100 - Boss CE-3
DYNAMICS COMPRESSOR DC9
DIGITAL DELAY DD100 - Boss DD-3
DIGITAL DELAY DD400 - Boss DD-3
DISTORTION MODELER DM100 - It models the DS-1 and RAT
DIGITAL REVERB DR100 - Boss
GRAPHIC EQUALIZER EQ700
DIGITAL MULTI-FX FX100
DIGITAL MULTI-FX FX600
V-TONE GUITAR GDI21
HELLBABE HB01
HEAVY METAL HM300 -
NOISE REDUCER NR100 - Boss NS-2
OVERDRIVE/DISTORTION OD100 - Boss OS-2
OVERDRIVE OD400 - Boss OD-3
PREAMP/BOOSTER PB100
SPECTRUM ENHANCER SE200 - Boss SP-1
SUPER FUZZ SF300 - Boss FZ
SLOW MOTION SM200 - Boss SG-1
SUPER METAL SM400
TUBE OVERDRIVE TO100 - Tubesreamer, I presume
VINTAGE TUBE OVERDRIVE TO800 - EHX?
ULTRA TREMOLO/PAN TP300 - Boss PN-2
ULTRA CHORUS UC100
ULTRA CHORUS UC200
ULTRA DISTORTION UD100 - Boss DS-2
ULTRA FLANGER UF100
ULTRA METAL UM100
ULTRA METAL UM300
ULTRA OCTAVER UO100
ULTRA PHASE SHIFTER UP100 - Boss PH-2
ULTRA TREMOLO UT100 - Boss TR-2
ULTRA VIBRATO UV300 - Boss VB-2
ULTRA WAH UW300
ULTRA FUZZ UZ400
VINTAGE BASS VB1
VINTAGE PHASER VP1 - Small Stone
VINTAGE TUBE OVERDRIVE VT911 - Tubescreamer again, I think
VINTAGE TUBE MONSTER VT999 - EHX
WARP DISTORTION WD300
DISTORTION-X XD300 - Boss XT-2
CHORUS SPACE-C CC300
ULTRA FEEDBACK/DISTORTION FD300 - Boss DF-2
HEAVY DISTORTION HD300 - Boss MD-2
HI BAND FLANGER HF300
INTELLIGATE IG9 - MXR
PHASER PH9 - Mxr Phase 90
POWER OVERDRIVE PO300 - Boss PW-2
TUBE AMP MODELER TM300
VINTAGE DISTORTION VD1 - Big Muff
VINTAGE DELAY VD400 - Boss DM-2
VINTAGE TIME MACHINE VM1 - Deluxe Memory Man

And I'm getting boreed

• Members
What are your impressions, particularly the vibrato? Too early to say just yet?

The Vibrato sounds good to me (but I can't compare to another vibrato of this type)

The Spectrum Enhancer is more a simple tone control, not as special as I expected (probably the same applies to the Boss SP-1)

The Slow Motion is fun to play with, I still have to try a lot of things with it :)

• Members
The Vibrato sounds good to me (but I can't compare to another vibrato of this type)

The Spectrum Enhancer is more a simple tone control, not as special as I expected (probably the same applies to the Boss SP-1)

The Slow Motion is fun to play with, I still have to try a lot of things with it
:)

Excellent. Thanks for the rundown!

• Members

The VP1 Vintage Phaser is awesome. It does add some "darkness" to the tone.

The DR100 reverb is also great. NO noise at all, except for a tiny click when pedal is dis/engaged. Some decent sounds.

The DD100 Delay sounds great. But mine is doing WEIRD stuff. the LED just starts wildly blinking at random periods throughout the day. I was going to trade it, but I had to back out due to this.

• Members

The Behringer UV300 Ultra Vibrato is a winner, folks! I've been playing around with it and A-B'ing it back and forth with my Boss VB-2 using the same guitar, amp, cord and settings, and I can barely tell the difference between the two. The VB-2 is probably slightly deeper sounding and just a little bit warmer, while the Behringer is a hair brighter to my ears. Could just be that I had a brand-new battery in it and an older battery in the VB-2. The control range matches the VB-2 pretty closely, so if i put the rate and depth in the same position on both, they sound very close. With a little tweaking of the settings, it was easy to get the exact same sounds out of either. If I didn't know the UV300 existed and you did the Folger's Crystals switcheroo on me and hooked up the UV300 instead of the VB-2, I wouldn't have noticed anything out of the ordinary. Bravo, Behringer!

In bypass mode, the Behringer doesn't sound quite as bright and clear as the Boss, but the VB-2's buffer always has seemed to add a bit of brightness to the straight-through signal (which I like). I'm not saying the UV300 tone-sucked in bypass mode or anything, just that it wasn't as bright sounding as the Boss's bypass. I didn't detect any noticeable tone sucking, so the buffer seems pretty good. Bravo, again.

Now, on to the bad. The contruction is plastic, lightweight and cheap. And the battery compartment is re-tar.........mentally challenged. I couldn't see how to get to the battery so when I read the instructions, I was like, "Are you kidding me?!" You have to push in the hinges with the tip of a ballpoint pin to remove the pedal cover. When you take it off, the spring is just sitting there loose in a little well. When trying to slip the cover back onto the hinges, I was really afraid that I was going to break the thing before I even had a chance to try it out. Carefully, I managed to fit it back on. Quick battery changes onstage are a no-go with this thing, but there's always the AC adapter.

Other than that, no complaints. They did an excellent job of cloning the sound of the VB-2, and at a $30 price point, which is amazing to me. Thumbs up.

• Members

The Behringer UV300 Ultra Vibrato is a winner, folks! I've been playing around with it and A-B'ing it back and forth with my Boss VB-2 using the same guitar, amp, cord and settings, and I can barely tell the difference between the two. The VB-2 is probably slightly deeper sounding and just a little bit warmer, while the Behringer is a hair brighter to my ears. Could just be that I had a brand-new battery in it and an older battery in the VB-2. The control range matches the VB-2 pretty closely, so if i put the rate and depth in the same position on both, they sound very close. With a little tweaking of the settings, it was easy to get the exact same sounds out of either. If I didn't know the UV300 existed and you did the Folger's Crystals switcheroo on me and hooked up the UV300 instead of the VB-2, I wouldn't have noticed anything out of the ordinary. Bravo, Behringer!

In bypass mode, the Behringer doesn't sound quite as bright and clear as the Boss, but the VB-2's buffer always has seemed to add a bit of brightness to the straight-through signal (which I like). I'm not saying the UV300 tone-sucked in bypass mode or anything, just that it wasn't as bright sounding as the Boss's bypass. I didn't detect any noticeable tone sucking, so the buffer seems pretty good. Bravo, again.

Now, on to the bad. The contruction is plastic, lightweight and cheap. And the battery compartment is re-
tar
.........mentally challenged. I couldn't see how to get to the battery so when I read the instructions, I was like, "Are you kidding me?!" You have to push in the hinges with the tip of a ballpoint pin to remove the pedal cover. When you take it off, the spring is just sitting there loose in a little well. When trying to slip the cover back onto the hinges, I was really afraid that I was going to break the thing before I even had a chance to try it out. Carefully, I managed to fit it back on. Quick battery changes onstage are a no-go with this thing, but there's always the AC adapter.

Other than that, no complaints. They did an excellent job of cloning the
sound
of the VB-2, and at a $30 price point, which is amazing to me. Thumbs up.

Are they for sale anywhere online yet???

• Members

I am lucky there is a local shop where I live that sells them, I can get most of them for $20. I recently got the acoustic pedal (with DI) V-TONE ACOUSTIC ADI21 and it is excellent. The sound is great! The cons is that you need to use a marker or paint on the knobs to see the settings better, also the unit eats batteris (so use rechargable or a power supply). I use a power supply and it fixes the issue.

I also have the PREAMP/BOOSTER PB100 pedal and it is decent, it can boost an acoustic well (which is why I bought it), but it is not so good for an electric guitar and amp. The battery compartment is a major pain (so use a power adaptor).

I want to try their noise gate pedal, tube screamer, compressor pedals next!

• Members

I sold my VD-1 and the ultra trem, but the Vintage Phaser is a definite keeper...especially after i tried the Small Stone...

I'll try next week to go and see if I find anything interesting at the local Behringer dealer...

Archived