Favorite non-muff fuzz?

• Members

Ooh, Strat kinda screams for some Fuzz Face variant. I love the silicon one I have, and it reacts really well to your guitar.

On the non-traditional front, I found the Zoom Ultra-Fuzz was pretty cool in getting some nice tamer overdrive-type tones while getting sheer craziness.

• Members
e2.jpg
i like my roland double beat. the middle fuzz (3 fuzzes) is muffy (i a/b'ed with a greeny muff), and then its got a kind of fuzz face like sound and a dark fuzz (i heard its kind of like a tonebender) that i like. Its very sensitive to volume, cleans up very nicely, enough to be a clean boost, actually, and the wah is decent. its post fuzz. i played it once into a hot roaring marshall jcm800 and wow!

the beebaa is ok too :)
i also like my ff. it grew on me. alot of good sounds in it

• Members

Fuzzfoot on my Captain Coconut for vintage fuzz
ZVex FuzzProbe for modern fuzz
HWA Fuzzwork Orange for a little pedal that does anything from OD, distortion to creamy thick fuzz and it's loud

• Members

If your DIY skills are halfway decent, the BYOC Tonebender kit can be fairly easily modified to give you Fuzz Face sounds. Essentially, the Tonebender is a Fuzz Face circuit with extra parts added on and a few component values changed, so you can add a switch to cut out the Tonebender parts and have yourself a Ge Fuzz Face.

I'm hoping a BYOC MkII kit will be my birthday present this year, and I'm going to add a switchable Fuzz Face mod and probably an external bias control to allow for different bias "preferences" for each circuit. Possibly a voltage sag control too, to get that Duane Allman dying-battery Fuzz Face sound :cool:

• Members

Among non-Muff fuzzes, Subzombie is more than just one of them. Click on my thingie.

BONUS TECHNICAL CONTENT: many fuzzes known for cleaning up well with the guitar volume load down the guitar and thus exaggerate the effect of moving the guitar volume off of "10". This does not in itself indicate a strong responsiveness to changes in input signal level.

Archived