10 Million Boss Pedals Sold!!!

stdtheband

• Members

10 million tone sucking pedals out there! I think there should be a guitar player holiday where they unplug ALL Boss pedals for a day so they can feel and hear how great their tone is without Boss pedals in their chain!

there is certainly some spankyness that you lose with any of those jfet switched pedals.... but you gotta admit there are far far worse bypasses in classic pedals that sell for much much more.

Im still not convinced that boss pedals are the most reliable though. My DD3 has been a bit finicky the last couple years, and i have a ds1 that will no longer switch when stepped on.

• Members

10 million tone sucking pedals out there! I think there should be a guitar player holiday where they unplug ALL Boss pedals for a day so they can feel and hear how great their tone is without Boss pedals in their chain!

you rather take 10 million of true bypassed pedals in series?

• Members

I have 26 boss pedals in my collection and I'm not giving any of them up. I also have 8 of those BCB-30 3 boss pedal pedal boards populated with them. 3 are bass specific. I have way to many pedals of lot's of brands, boutique and mass produced. Do I have a problem? Yes, but at least it's not crack cocain.

• Members

1: They're sold in just about every music store on the planet.

2: Most folks don't suffer from the same level of insufferable gear snobiness that folks on this board do.

Not that I don't love you all.

Thats pretty much it. I've never owned one though, over here in the UK I think there are other pedals that are better value for money (especially in the second hand market---second hand boss pedals sell for silly money IMO).

Cheers

Sam

• Members

there is certainly some spankyness that you lose with any of those jfet switched pedals.... but you gotta admit there are far far worse bypasses in classic pedals that sell for much much more.

We've argued about this one before. I'd almost rather having a fizzle in the background than a complete choking of tone. :blah:

• Members

I have 26 boss pedals in my collection and I'm not giving any of them up. I also have 8 of those BCB-30 3 boss pedal pedal boards populated with them. 3 are bass specific. I have way to many pedals of lot's of brands, boutique and mass produced. Do I have a problem? Yes, but at least it's not crack cocain.

this post is useless without pics:love:

• Members

Thats pretty much it. I've never owned one though, over here in the UK I think there are other pedals that are better value for money (especially in the second hand market---second hand boss pedals sell for silly money IMO).

Cheers

Sam

I agree, they are way over priced here...they certainly aren't a cheap option.

I don't own any. I've owned 3 before an eq, chorus and a DS1. They were all pitifully poor for the money.

Archived