Hey Bowie Fans! What's your fav Bowie album for guitar?

• Members
Is that one a bootleg? Or is it a bonus disc?

I set up the poll so that everyone can vote for more than one choice.

I have a hard time choosing as well. Ronson for great riffs. Alomar for funkiness and simplicity. Slick for fire. Fripp for textures. Belew for over-the-top madness. SRV for pure tastiness.

Bowie plays quite a bit of electric guitar on Diamond Dogs, which is wonderfully loose and trashy
:love:

its a "bootleg" of a bbc broadcast which came out somewhat in 1994. its a live concert with the early stuff of ziggy space odity hunky dory combined. so jsut not the ziggy concert a bit more, with ronson "at his best"

i love it

• Members

Diamond Dogs or Hunky Dory.

Diamond Dogs was really raw, just Bowie, simple but effective guitar work(much like Richards/Wood-Stones influence in that album for sure)

Hunky Dory-was Ronson at his best as a Bowie guitarist. Life on Mars just complements Bowies vocals and lyrics so well without taking away from any of it.

• Members
its a "bootleg" of a bbc broadcast which came out somewhat in 1994. its a live concert with the early stuff of ziggy space odity hunky dory combined. so jsut not the ziggy concert a bit more, with ronson "at his best"

i love it

please share :love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Members

Diamond Dogs was really raw, just Bowie, simple but effective guitar work(much like Richards/Wood-Stones influence in that album for sure).

Bowie's guitar work is raunchy and kind of like lo-fi sci-fi garage rock - perfect for the album's vision. I've always wondered why he didn't play more electric guitar on his albums. "Rebel, Rebel" is actually one of the most memorable and tasty guitar riffs in his whole repertoire.

Archived