behringer superfuzz

• Members

They're that expensive now?

I made a quick little recording of it. Bass control is turned up a bit, treble is at noon. Mode 1, then mode 2. It also has like a 25dB clean boost in mode 3. This is just my Godin on the bridge pickup -> FZ-2 -> PC.

jqle

Thanks man, i'll give that a listen :thu:

That was great. I think I might shell out the 140 now. It's basically what I've always wanted.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You might want to wait on that $140 one. Unless the prices have shot way up in the last 2 months....those things go for around $80ish all the time. At least the ones I watched did (about two months ago). I never bought one but i'm really wishing I had! Looks like prices HAVE gone up a bit and should only get higher :(

Oh and cool clip Collapse....sounds just like Electric Wizard ;)

• Members

You coulda read the thread.

i did read the thread.

every fascinating word.

why bother with plastic Behringer stuff when FZ2's pop up all the time for around $60-90 ?

they'll last longer than the B clone, and they also retain better resale value when you want to get rid of it.

anyway, i used one of these for years, but it's still not as good as a Zoom Ultra Fuzz. Those have a much wider palette of sound.

• Members

and the problem with a plastic-shelled pedal, for a home player, is what?

__

the same as it is for everyone else - direct soldered jacks to the board, flimsy materials that hold the power input in place, plastic pinned knobs that snap off with a bad stomp, etc.

it's simply called "getting the most for your dollar." bedroom players are concerned with that (i hope) as most players are.

how can i know that a cheaply built plastic pedal won't last as long as a Boss pedal when treated the same?
Because it's a {censored}in BOSS, holmes.

let's all be friends.

• Members
:confused:

thats like taking 2 boxed, 1 made of wood, and another made of cardboard.... both are brand new. I say the wood one will outlast the cardboard one, you say "how could you possibly know that? There brand new"... in this case Boss being the wood and Beringer being the cardboard one. It's common sense really. Behringer is very cheaply made and compared to Boss, they wont and never will hold a candle. If i had one, first thing i'd do is re-house and TB it.

• Members

and the problem with a plastic-shelled pedal, for a home player, is what?

__

the same as it is for everyone else - direct soldered jacks to the board, flimsy materials that hold the power input in place, plastic pinned knobs that snap off with a bad stomp, etc.

yeah, you're right. notice all the millions of danos & arions, & ibanez L/10-series pedals whose board mounted jacks have disintegrated. forumite Erskin has been through dozens of SAD-1s so far, i think he's killing one a week at this point. same with the power jacks, & pots.

how can i know that a cheaply built plastic pedal won't last as long as a Boss pedal
when treated the same
?

Because it's a {censored}in BOSS, holmes.

and the
treatment
for this pedal is gonna be exactly what?

speculate please.....

or rather, please continue to speculate......

seems to me that millions, no -- billions, of plastic items from 40yrs-plus are still with us, with no signs of crumbling soon (strat & tele parts, pickguards from jazzboxes, amp logos, clocks, toys, transistor radios, kitchen wares........).

let's all be friends.

i'm all for friends, but stoopids are something i've got less love for. (the behr premise, not you)

if the OP was "blah blah fuzz pedal for my gigging band" or similar, that might be one thing, although plastics (such as the aforementioned dano/arion) have served plenty just fine for years, in myriad gigging situations.

there are (very) low-impact applications for pedals, but i seem to be the only one who knows about these things.

it's simply called "getting the most for your dollar." bedroom players are concerned with that (i hope) as most players are.

so while paying for tour-class pedals, for use in a bedroom, is maybe getting most for one's dollar, its still not necessarily the most prudent use of $.

• Members

i did read the thread.

every fascinating word.

why bother with plastic Behringer stuff when FZ2's pop up all the time for around $60-90 ?

they'll last longer than the B clone, and they also retain better resale value when you want to get rid of it.

anyway, i used one of these for years, but it's still not as good as a Zoom Ultra Fuzz. Those have a much wider palette of sound.

Then I guess you saw the point where I said there are none for that price right now... Good job.

And, is L6Sguy *kind of* sticking up for me? i can't tell if he's protecting my choice or just in general

Archived