From PaulC

PaulCo

There are considerable differences between tenement farmers being kicked off their lands and a disagreement between two pedal builders. In the former, they controlled one's very existence and livelihood. In the later case, we're talking about a disagreement / misunderstanding between two companies. You have a choice in what pedals you choose to purchase. The Irish OTOH, had little in the way of choices.

Like I said, please let's not turn this thread into a bashfest against either builder. Thanks. :wave:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
...After reviewing the tech notes I now believe that the circuit is an independent design with the similarities being due to common design goals in a common and crowded technical field....

Regards, PaulC

See - that's what amazes me about all the builders out there. With literally thousands of pedals out there and that many of the builders that frequent this forum are able to offer up such a wonderful array of tonal options and still come up with their own unique twists, tweaks & trimmer options to please us all is incredible. I would be amazed if many circuits weren't sharing many similarities over the development of these effects over many decades.

The plus side is that you many of you younger pilgrims get to select from 1000 times the pedals that were available when I started playing. The positive side of that is that I literally had to learn how to actual play the guitar many years before starting to collect these fun and exciting shiny metal boxes :D

Although I haven't had the pleasure of trying a Timmy yet - I do have Paul's Heritage Patriot amp. I have no concerns whatsoever about his pedal building abilities after hearing the tone from his amp. And I own a bunch of Fuller pedals and I love the man's work as well. Paul's a stand up guy, we've had a number of communications via email and he is the consumate professional and just a really nice guy - and I've never had a need or reason to contact Mike Fuller so I have no opinion of him personally - other than he builds some great tone machines.

It's great days for pedals folks! Thanks to Paul for setting the record straight himself. Rock on everyone and have a great day playing with your toys! :cool:

• Members
There are considerable differences between tenement farmers being kicked off their lands and a disagreement between two pedal builders. In the former, they controlled one's very existence and livelihood. In the later case, we're talking about a disagreement / misunderstanding between two companies. You have a choice in what pedals you choose to purchase. The Irish OTOH, had little in the way of choices.

Like I said, please let's not turn this thread into a bashfest against either builder. Thanks.
:wave:

:) Ok...

• Members

off topic,The legal system today is all about $$$. We heard /we saw.
Is it worth spending 1000s on lawyers and fees etc. na!
eat crow is much better. Turn around and walk away its not that important anyway! Rip a good one on the way out! whew! i'm out of here!
my support goes to good people.
i cant stand c-o-c-k-y i'm it kinda people.
thats bussiness.

And OJ didn't do it either. eadgbe

• Members
My understanding is that it is a copy of what Paul posted on TGP. We were cc'd, as it were, by Paul, which was very nice of him to do.

Since the parties involved in the misunderstanding are putting it behind them, I would appreciate it if everyone here would do likewise - I don't want to see this thread getting any posts bashing EITHER builder.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

True...

It was a joke.:)

• Members
I love happy endings
:cool:

Okay guys - I have enough Fulltone pedals so I'm pretty well set.

I also, as you all know, have too many dirt pedals now - so try to talk me into buying a Timmy. I have his amp already - do I need his pedal too?
:)

Dumb question...

I'll send ya one in the box o {censored}...

Archived