From PaulC

PaulCo

• Members

In early August a thread appeared on this site (TGP) talking about the new Fulltone GT500. In the thread several posters mentioned that the boost side reminded them of some of my pedal work. In that thread I made my concerns known about how that circuit bore a strong resemblance to a prior circuit design I had posted on diystompboxes.com several years ago.

Mike Fuller contacted me, and sent me a schematic of his design along with technical notes from an Electronics Engineer Mr. Fuller hired to offer 3rd party clarification on the differences between the circuit designed by Mike Fuller and my design. While the circuits do share similarities, the design engineer demonstrated how Mike Fuller developed the circuit independently of my prior work. After reviewing the tech notes I now believe that the circuit is an independent design with the similarities being due to common design goals in a common and crowded technical field.

In hindsight I regret that I made my concerns about the circuit known here on TGP instead of contacting Fulltone about my issues. The prudent thing would have been to keep this between myself and Mike Fuller until an understanding about the design had been reached. I apologize to the great staff that run TGP for the headaches I may have caused. I also apologize to the readers of this site for acting in a very unprofessional manner by bringing my concerns here. Lastly I apologize to Mike Fuller for not giving him the respect a fellow gear maker deserves by coming to a public chat forum with my concerns without trying to contact him first.

Regards, PaulC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
In early August a thread appeared on this site (TGP) talking about the new Fulltone GT500. In the thread several posters mentioned that the boost side reminded them of some of my pedal work. In that thread I made my concerns known about how that circuit bore a strong resemblance to a prior circuit design I had posted on diystompboxes.com several years ago.

Mike Fuller contacted me, and sent me a schematic of his design along with technical notes from an Electronics Engineer Mr. Fuller hired to offer 3rd party clarification on the differences between the circuit designed by Mike Fuller and my design. While the circuits do share similarities, the design engineer demonstrated how Mike Fuller developed the circuit independently of my prior work. After reviewing the tech notes I now believe that the circuit is an independent design with the similarities being due to common design goals in a common and crowded technical field.

In hindsight I regret that I made my concerns about the circuit known here on TGP instead of contacting Fulltone about my issues. The prudent thing would have been to keep this between myself and Mike Fuller until an understanding about the design had been reached. I apologize to the great staff that run TGP for the headaches I may have caused. I also apologize to the readers of this site for acting in a very unprofessional manner by bringing my concerns here. Lastly I apologize to Mike Fuller for not giving him the respect a fellow gear maker deserves by coming to a public chat forum with my concerns without trying to contact him first.

Regards, PaulC

Very humble paul. BTW Good seeing you here. Your friend Aldo.:wave:

Archived