Custom made guitars (on ebay?)

shaun126

• Members
Anybody know anything about this guy ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Relic-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ150154499387QQihZ005QQcategoryZ38083QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It seems pretty sweet, get exactly what you want...

$100 shipping??? Buyer pays shipping and 15% re-stocking fee. if returned???
I don't see a deal there. Oh yes and Relic is a trademarked name..:blah:

• Members

If you can work a screwdriver you can build your own guitar. If wiring is a problem you can either get prewired assemblies for cheap, or pay a shop $40-60 to wire it up.

Im really not at all handy, and would just end up screwing something up, and getting pissed off. I have zero patience.

As far as the electronics, It costs around $100 just to get a pair of pickups installed at a shop around here...

• Members
Im really not at all handy, and would just end up screwing something up, and getting pissed off. I have zero patience.

As far as the electronics, It costs around $100 just to get a pair of pickups installed at a shop around here...

Shop should charge you MSRP on the pickups at the most installed. $50 for a pair or trio if you purchase the pickups separate.:thu:

• Members

I had a pair of GFS installed a few months ago, it cost me $90.

I could have had it done at another shop in Columbus, I checked everywhere and the lowest price would have been $75 for the pair. I decided to pay the extra $15 because the shop has the best rep in town, and it was much closer to me.

• Members

Can the guy sell something on eBay he hasn't built yet? What are the payment terms and build time?

Yeah, I think he used to specify it was a 2 month build time, but he might have stopped posting that because he was getting some flack.

• Members

I have a nash and a fender custom shop- and the nash is close in terms of playability.... but in terms of fit and finish - nowhere near......well closeish..but not as accurate or convincing.. fantastic playing guitar tho... it's hard to describe...

The fender is a perfect new instrument distressed...whereas a nash is an instrument made to look old ish from the start - i feel he goes over the top and finishes it half arsedley for an easy relic....lots of ppl have been fooled by it...but my fender relic on close inspection really could be old...

But..... it was double the price near enough..

nash does excellent setups and builds and it plays brilliantly if you like the new school features like 9.5 radius etc...great tonewoods... however it looks like the finish is an afterthought...

This guy looks like he has a good insight into the relic process...but who knows what they sound or feel like.

I suppose it all comes down to what us your prime concern...looks or playability... for an all round fantastic guitar in every way - fender CS...

for a really playable guitar which just happens to be reliced.. for far less.. nash is good...

• Members

Checked out the Nash guitars...pretty cool.

Anyone know what they sold for when they still took orders?

i live about 5 blocks from nash, my bro went out with his daughter and i've been friends with his daughter and son for...ever? haha, he's a great guy and the other guy in my band bought a custom nash (the last one he made before he stopped taking orders) for about 2 grand. you can get em for about 1 grand at shops and 800ish on ebay if you're lucky

• Members
i live about 5 blocks from nash, my bro went out with his daughter and i've been friends with his daughter and son for...ever? haha, he's a great guy and the other guy in my band bought a custom nash (the last one he made before he stopped taking orders) for about 2 grand. you can get em for about 1 grand at shops and 800ish on ebay if you're lucky

I see, someone earlier said they were cheaper then the ebay guy who is selling them for $1100.

Guess not.

Damn it, I just want a shell pink tele ! :mad:

Archived