PUBLIC REQUEST to Phil and Icehouse.

Sceiron

• Members
:rolleyes:
Could we just ban Ice House for being an irritating {censored}?

Once again. Show me what you do to move the forum along. I will take {censored} anytime thanks. People like you are here today gone twomorrow. I will not be banned trust me on that. You will go first for name caliing which I have done as well. I don't need a chance from the likes of you. What have you got to offer? Hell! I never even knew you were here till I read your intelligent words.
:rolleyes:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I putt from the rough? You two are the ones making out with each other in twenty different threads every day.

Do a search. probably 90% of my posts are in topics talking about gear, or at least actually discussing something. Maybe that's why you never saw them. The ones that aren't are in GJ or OJ where {censored} like this belongs. All you post is "HI I'M ICE HOUSE PLZ FEED MY EGO LULZ."

I never claimed that I was some big popular internet star. Then again my self-esteem isn't based on how much ruckus I cause on some unimportant internet forum.

• Members
+1000
:thu:

The problem with that is there are many users here that aren't
grown men
(i.e. 14 - 16 year olds) Nothing against the younger generation here - glad to have them on board. Remember when alot of us here were that age - the internet didn't even exist
:o

Hm, pretty parental-istic of you Rev. Telling people they are okay, but yet you insult them with the 14-16 year old kid comment.... that's number one. Number 2, most people here who dislike Ice House for what he does are not between 14-16. I am certainly not 14-16, so here is one example that doesn't fit nicely into your theory. Number 3, random polls indicated the average age is about 30. I don't see a lot of young kiddies here.

The problem with the ignore function is simply that it does not work. The ignored is not really fully ignored. He can still bump off threads that we want to read.

Let me give 2 analogies to illustrate the problem. Let's just say several forumites who happen to be chinese (nothing wrong with being chinese) converse and write their threads in chinese.

??/?? H

• Members

This is what Ice House wrote in regard to TGP.

"This place has "loose Moderation" Leave then. Don't insult this place. You are right, I do not bring this aspect of my personality to TGP. I go there when I wanna talk strictly on topic. I have a good record there. Happy Captain Marvel? I don't think I am the one with the ego. Phil told us to stop and yet you ramble on. Please take your Prozac as directed and again. Leave me alone! Thank you. Buh Bye!"

"They have an ER room close to you?? Here is is plain and simple, No one pleases everyone. Once again go to TGP if you wan't to discuss effects. This is a family type forum in which some people unlike yourself may learn a little about life and the real world than effects 24/7 get my drift? You don't like me or my threads?? Start your own forum, ban me, Talk about something interesting. I think most people would side with me on this issue. Get a life. Paint by dots or sumpin."

Loose moderation is the term i used to describe what happens here. It is the reason he flourishes here without ban-nage.

Doesn't make sense to me someone with a great rep at TGP having a bad rep here. What does that say?

You can ask yourself why Ice House is not ICE HOUSE at TGP but Blues Wail at TGP.

Maybe he'll get banned at TGP?

Maybe it is because he respects TGP enough to go there and respect their rules?

Maybe ICE HOUSE knows gear but actually respects TGP gear talk?

MAYBE ICE HOUSE doesn't respect the HCEF enough to engage in serious gear talk?

Maybe all of ice house friends are here so {censored}ing around here is alot easier than {censored}ing around in open jam or off on a chat line somewhere?

Maybe ICE HOUSE knows he'll actually get away with his antics here?

Only Ice house knows the answers...

You can say whatever you want about TGP, but there is a reason why many many many good gear talk has moved from HCEF to TGP.

Here is another analogy --

You have 2 jobs -- both are great jobs, great pay, easy hours.

However at one job, all your friends are there. You go beer drinking. The other place is just work, no play. So at this one job, you work hard, and at the other you {censored} around, smoke on the porch and plainly ignore your job duties.

Do you think this is fair to both of your bosses? How about if you were ICE HOUSE bosses, what would you say to ICE HOUSE?

You know he said he is 50 and has like 4 kids. This is what he writes to me to justify his behavior. Yet when i read his posts, they sound like just what a 14-16 would write.

He said i have no life and this is the sole reason i waste my time criticizing him.

Funny, because i up until 2 months ago, i worked 80 hours at the hospital for the past 2 years. I visit my family almost every weekend. My job is considered a challenge. I've taking care of countless patients. Patients have died on me. The responsibility is high. It sucks when people die but thats the challenge. I took my girlfriend of 2 years out to dinner last night. We ate at a new sushi restaurant. We had awesome spicy roll with sashimi and toro tuna. Then we went dancing with friends followed by a 2 am munchies. We went to to catalina on a kayaking + snorkeling trip last week, rafting in sacramento 3 weeks ago, climbed yosemite up the waterfall, visited Southeast Asia for 2 weeks together. I am going to marry her. I've rock climbed. I like volleyball, football and basketball. I play tennis. I love to cook. I've played guitar for almost 20 years now. I love building effects. We have a lot of people who are learning to build it themselves and still have good tone.

This is what ICE HOUSE have to say about my posting gear related effects building threads.

"You have too much time on your hands.

The thing is , No one cares what you say or think. I am not here to engage the likes of you. For what?? Go study schematics on a OD or something. I don't need you, There are plenty of people here who like to cut a rug. You are a one dimensional human being. Sit down, I am way ahead of you. Where are your oh so worthy contributions to the forum?? Oh?? Thought sew!! You and sdrese make a great pair of bewbs!"

• Members

so ICE HOUSE said i don't have a life and i am one dimensional, waste my time building effects and i generally have a lot of time on my hand. If i have too much time on my hand, maybe we all do too since we all spend so much time here anyways when we can just go outside.

I don't even want Ice House banned. I just want him to treat this place with respect by easing back on his OT crap. If he is really 50 and have great gear knowledge, then it should be no problem as i see it.

Help us to become a great forum again ICE HOUSE, instead of your usual {censored}ing around all the time. We all spend a lot of time here just as much as you!

I predict you and your peeps will respond to me with the normal eye rolling icon, snoring you are so boring attitude, get off my dick already, i'm better than you attitude. Maybe you will just call me an asshole for giving you such a hard time, to which i'll probably counter with

"You should think before you post."

$0.02

• Members

Here's a second analogy. We all like to play our amps loud.

Do you play your amps loud at midnight when your neighbors are asleep? Sure, your friends will enjoy your music, but you realize the rest won't. So the cops come to break up the fun. This has happened to me twice in real life. I was pissed, but i realized i was in the wrong.

Is Ice House's noisy racket so different? Why don't we just ignore the cops?

Not quite a valid analogy. If I had neighbors that jammed late a night, and I could hear it in my house, I couldnt just ignore it. I would have to talk to them, or call the authorities. I dont have a scroll wheel on my chair that controls whether or not I can hear the band.

In this situation, you are completely capable of (like Ive already said) skipping right over his threads. What is the big deal? I dont care about Dinosaur Jr or My Bloody Valentine, or the next best Tubescreamer clone, so I usually skip right over those threads.

It seems as if people are wasting their time getting pissed about this. There are some very simple actions that you can take to not be involved in ICE's threads. i.e.: Dont be involved in his thread. :idk:

I have no beef with the people complaining. I just think that its silly that one somewhat "crazy" (self-proclaimed) member on an INTERNET DISCUSSION FORUM gets under your skin that much.

• Members
Thanks. Please also take your own advice.

I,ve been here 5+ years and have read threads like this at least twenty times.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1635908

Why do you keep quiting here?

:)

There's a difference between quitting and takin a break pal. Seven years on this forum and I'm not allowed to take a break every now and then? :confused:

If I've taken 20 breaks in 7 years I'd say any employer on the planet would love to hire me. :D

I rule :cool::wave:

• Members

I have no beef with the people complaining. I just think that its silly that one somewhat "crazy" (self-proclaimed) member on an INTERNET DISCUSSION FORUM gets under your skin that much.

Ice House and his internet posse aren't getting under people's skins. I don't think anyone is going to bed at night plotting their grand scheme to get Ice House out of HCFX.

HCFX has been an "off topic" forum since forever. No {censored}. The difference is that almost everyone else posts off topic things that are interesting or at least funny, whereas Ice House and crew just post a bunch of mindless jerkoff {censored}. Yeah, the forum moves if you mean "old posts move down the screen," but it's nothing of any value. The old group of people that recently left kept this place full of interesting stuff and they all had great advice on pretty much anything. It was friendly. Now this forum is just a bunch of nubs asking what the best delay or fuzz is over and over again and getting barraged with a bunch of ISO/ICE/RAT.org {censored} that doesn't mean anything outside of like four people.

I would rather this forum be full of nothing but best pedal threads than just full of of Ice House and his friends belting inside jokes back and forth. If you're going to post off topic please at least be funny. Hell, Vex's political threads at least generated worthwhile discussion.

Yeah, I could ignore him. The point is that I'm sure Ice House and the rest of you have something worthwhile to contribute, and it would be nice if you would just be decent human beings and stop being intentionally annoying.

• Members
Hm, pretty parental-istic of you Rev. Telling people they are okay, but yet you insult them with the 14-16 year old kid comment.... that's number one. Number 2, most people here who dislike Ice House for what he does are not between 14-16. I am certainly not 14-16, so here is one example that doesn't fit nicely into your theory. Number 3, random polls indicated the average age is about 30. I don't see a lot of young kiddies here.

1. I didn't insult anyone - I just expressed an opinion that in my view guys who are 14 - 16 are not what I consider grown men.

2. I don't have a theory. That would take too long to type.

3. Average age of 30 doesn't mean that everyone acts their age. There are undoubtedly smarter 14 - 16 year olds on here who are more mature than some if their 30 something counterparts. We've seen the evidence. :D

4. Have a nice holiday weekend! :wave:

• Members

Ice House and his internet posse aren't getting under people's skins. I don't think anyone is going to bed at night plotting their grand scheme to get Ice House out of HCFX.

HCFX has been an "off topic" forum since forever. No {censored}. The difference is that almost everyone else posts off topic things that are interesting or at least funny, whereas Ice House and crew just post a bunch of mindless jerkoff {censored}. Yeah, the forum moves if you mean "old posts move down the screen," but it's nothing of any value. The old group of people that recently left kept this place full of interesting stuff and they all had great advice on pretty much anything. It was friendly. Now this forum is just a bunch of nubs asking what the best delay or fuzz is over and over again and getting barraged with a bunch of ISO/ICE/RAT.org {censored} that doesn't mean anything outside of like four people.

I would rather this forum be full of nothing but best pedal threads than just full of of Ice House and his friends belting inside jokes back and forth. If you're going to post off topic please at least be funny. Hell, Vex's political threads at least generated worthwhile discussion.

Yeah, I could ignore him. The point is that I'm sure Ice House and the rest of you have something worthwhile to contribute, and it would be nice if you would just be decent human beings and stop being intentionally annoying.

Dude.

If you are truly saying that I contribute nothing pertaining to effects and advice to people asking about them, tell me now. Ill send Phil a PM asking to close my account.

While I cant speak for others, I am not out to be intentionally annoying. I get amusement in letting loose and being a jackass sometimes. Once again, Ill give another analogy....

If you go to the grocery store to get a bag of chips, do you go down the soap aisle?

• Members

I guess since I post inside a lot of his threads that would make me one if his "crew" or "friends", but I contribute plenty to On topic stuff going on here, even in the short amount of time that I've been coming around. And usually I end up talking about effects in Ice's threads anyway!

On top of that, Ice has cut back. It's usually one thread a day, if that. Lately it's just been one from the day before that gets bumped up. It really isn't that bad!

• Members

To tell you the truth I don't pay enough attention to who the {censored} posts in his threads to know who it is outside of the fact I see the same couple of names a lot. That and he always posts ICE/SIO a lot so I know that's someone. The other people who post in those threads are only annoying is as much as they bump Ice House's worthless {censored}ing threads.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to ignoring them again and hope that Ice House becomes a useful member someday.

• Members

I'll probably regret getting into this war between Icehouse and all the tightasses here on the HCEF, but oh well.

First, Super Velcroboy, is it your time of the month or something? Why the HELL would you waste that much time to quote, requote, and quote again just to prove a point that has already been pointed out?? How long did it take you to write up those posts? I'm completely serious here. You simply wasted all that time to try to one, make Icehouse look bad, and two to tell him to keep on topic? People have told him to shut up and stay on topic throughout this entire thread. Why not just quote one of those and type "+1" and be done with it? That would have saved you quite a bit of time.

As for all of your quotes, sure, Icehouse comes off as an asshole in quite a few of your quotes. I don't know the context they were taken from, or what the discussion was. And, I really don't care enough to go look it up to see "who's right." The fact is that you look like just as much of an ass because you are ranting against him now. It works both ways.

As for your "work" analogy, why the {censored} should coming to an internet messageboard to relax be looked at as work? This place is for coming and hanging out to talk about effects, and, in my opinion, whatever else pops up. Personally, I like being able to read a few on topic threads and then go into an OT thread for a quick laugh. I don't care who starts the OT thread, I just like that it isn't 100% serious here on the HCEF.

As for your "neighbor" analogy, I have an odd feeling that YOU would be the neighbor calling the police. You'd be surprised, a lot of people actually enjoy well played music. But, then there's the one tightass neighbor who has a problem with everything who has to be a dick about it. You're coming off as that one tightass neighbor.

As others have stated, there are ways to avoid Ice House's threads if you don't want to see them. Scroll down a bit and click on another thread. It's that simple. Frankly, if it weren't for Icehouse and the occasional other OT poster, it would just go back to lots and lots of "which distortion?" "which delay?" "Is the POD Good??" threads.

Frankly, I'm more annoyed with bitchy posts like yours than anything Icehouse has done. Especially when the solution to your "huge" problem is as simple as scrolling down a bit more.

• Members

Collapse, I've seen plenty of useful posts not only by Ice House's internet posse, but also by Ice House himself. Hell, most of them have given me effect advice at one point or another. Overwhelmed987 did so just the other day. Saying that they only post useless stuff is utter BS and you know it.

• Members

Collapse, I've seen plenty of useful posts not only by Ice House's internet posse, but also by Ice House himself. Hell, most of them have given me effect advice at one point or another. Overwhelmed987 did so just the other day. Saying that they only post useless stuff is utter BS and you know it.

The other people who post in those threads are only annoying is as much as they bump Ice House's worthless {censored}ing threads.

I backpedaled on that.

• Members

I
am one of the people that talks regularly with ICE. THAT is why I offered to leave for you.

For the record, ICE is useful. He has advised me on effects, and {censored}...he helped get my title.

Can you believe this is 4 pages long? War in Iraq, Afghanistan, starving people disease, murders, on and on and yet these narrow minded angry people have 4 pages of anger even directed at Rev? Unreal. No wonder why the whole world is takin a {censored}. No one can laugh and be light hearted. I am done with this thread, it has said nothing. Supervelcroboy has issues that are beyond comprehension. TGP is a different type of forum. I go there to be ON TOPIC. This guy should have been a lawyer with all his analyze this and that.

• Members
To tell you the truth I don't pay enough attention to who the {censored} posts in his threads to know who it is outside of the fact I see the same couple of names a lot. That and he always posts ICE/SIO a lot so I know that's someone. The other people who post in those threads are only annoying is as much as they bump Ice House's worthless {censored}ing threads.

Anyway, I'm going to go back to ignoring them again and hope that Ice House becomes a useful member someday.

Speak English. How many incarnations have you had her? What are your contributions? No one who has attacked me has answered those questions. I have offered helpful info here that I do not have to run by you for approval. DON'T read my threads.:rolleyes:

Archived