Prices on the Behringer DMM Clone

dangerous dan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This could be the make or break pedal for Behringer with gear nuts.

At this point folks are willing to accept that some of the Behringer clones are reasonable cheap substitutes - like the VB-2 clone, or a mod box to throw in an fx loop or take to a gig at a dive.

If the VMT is even close to the DMM, Behringer will be able to coast on that success for years. If everybody who buys one hates it, they could be toast.

:wave:

• Members
This could be the make or break pedal for Behringer with gear nuts.

At this point folks are willing to accept that some of the Behringer clones are reasonable cheap substitutes - like the VB-2 clone, or a mod box to throw in an fx loop or take to a gig at a dive.

If the VMT is even close to the DMM, Behringer will be able to coast on that success for years. If everybody who buys one hates it, they could be toast.

:wave:

True. If it is even 75% the sound quality as DMM they have a hit!

• Members

True. If it is even 75% the sound quality as DMM they have a hit!

L6SGuy and I had a debate over Behringer not long ago. I don't want to rehash the debate, because he made some good points; but I do want to say that I hope that Behringer will finally get off its coat-tail riding arse and make something unique of their own. Jeez, can't they at least make the box look a little different from the original? It's so f*cking blatant.

Sorry, I usually don't like leaving negative posts, but I couldn't resist.

• Members

^
without getting into it too deep again, :D the sheer # of strat/tele/LP/335/PRS/flying V/explorer guitars out there evince quite clearly that the market at large is very willing to accept ({censored}, even pay more for) items that are, even strictly from just a cosmetic standpoint, pure xeroxing.

dont let it get you so down, man.

not saying its good, bad, whatever. just that it is, and that the numbers fully back it up.

ethics and stuff are good on tv shows, but in anything including both the words 'music' and 'business,' well, to expect anything less than theivery, duplicating, xeroxing, etc is just an exercise in denial :)

• Members

the irony is of course that EHX are now moving away from massive great boxes, why? because it's what (most) people wanted. I wonder if Behringer have messed up a bit here? wouldn't it have been better to make a smaller pedal that looked a bit more unique? I wonder if people will be selling 'fender headstock' type transfers to put on these!! :lol:

Memory man waterslide transfer for your behringer!!

• Members

i remember my local shop had a behringer "something or other" rack unit, that claimed to have a 12ax7 in it.. it really had one.. but behind it were 3 LED's to make it appear to glow.. LOL... lame. But i do like my VAMP2.... i dont trust the "tube monster" lol

Didn't vox do the same thing with thier ToneLab processors??

• Members

I don't get why people are waiting on the DMM clone. Is it confirmed True bypass? Is it confirmed analogue delay chips? I ask because I don't know. I think some of the mega cheap pedals are worth a look before going near the bigger ones. I just got the vibrato, and although it's far from brilliant, it doesn't really sound 'cheap'. I've heard the flanger too and it sounds great.

• Members

[quote name=L6Sguy ethics and stuff are good on tv shows' date=' but in anything including both the words 'music' and 'business,' well, to expect anything less than theivery, duplicating, xeroxing, etc is just an exercise in denial :)[/quote]
Ethics in the music biz is non existent. I have read several books lately including "Hotel California", "Motown: Music, Money, Sex, and Power" along with David Crosby's "Long Time Gone", all good reads, and it confirms that the music industry is full of sharks. Eat or be eaten....

• Members

Ethics in the music biz is non existent. I have read several books lately including "Hotel California", "Motown: Music, Money, Sex, and Power" along with David Crosby's "Long Time Gone", all good reads, and it confirms that the music industry is full of sharks. Eat or be eaten....

It isn't even a matter of ethics for me. I used to play in a cover band for many years, and I displayed complete irreverance for ethics; so if that were my 'beef', I would be twice the hypocrite.

I just find it lame that Behringer hasn't created an original classic with all of the clout they've built up in the industry. They must be making millions as a corporation. Can't they afford a decent D&D team? Or is there a Behringer original out there that I don't know about?

• Members
It isn't even a matter of ethics for me. I used to play in a cover band for many years, and I displayed complete irreverance for ethics; so if that were my 'beef', I would be twice the hypocrite.

I just find it lame that Behringer hasn't created an original classic with all of the clout they've built up in the industry.They must be making millions as a corporation. Can't they afford a decent D&D team? Or is there a Behringer original out there that I don't know about?

which issuhr different from buildinganderson strat copies how?

which is differentheritage from knocking off LPs?

which isboss so differentdigitech from knockingmxr off tubebooteek screamer circuitsfulltone how? :confused:

does this really just come down to your disappointment in a big copmpany, one that doesnt even know you exist :confused:

• Members
A status LED for effect On/Off is included, plus there is a
true hard-wire bypass
for ultimate signal integrity (
http://www.behringer.com/VM1/index.cfm?lang=eng
).

true
hard-wire
bypass? what's it supposed to mean? perhaps it
ain't true bypass although they are trying to make it sound like one
:freak:

they are following the path set forth by many, many other companies already. lets give credit where credit is due; behringer is charting no new course on that one.

Archived