Prices on the Behringer DMM Clone

dangerous dan

• Members

If its not analog, I think they could get in a bit of trouble for the descriptions.

All the descriptions mention "analog echo" etc and not "analog SOUNDING echo" like most manufactures making digital delays who want to make it look to the casual buyer that its analog.

They use "true HARDWIRE bypass" meaning its probably not going to be proper TB, so you would think they would have put the "sounding" bit in if it wasnt proper analog.

Well thats my thoughts on it anyway! If it is and ,as someone said, sounds 75% as good then for

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Could happen. I don't treat my pedals like they were made out of precious china. If I need/want to stand/jump on one, I will. And I'll do it knowing that my pedals will probably outlive me.

i'll do the same. i've yet to even marginally crack the surface of a plastic stompbox, although with intent i'm sure i could

Please, try to stay realistic.

simple analogy, and fitting one, given the similarity between dano mini switch and an elevator switch. using 20x pressure needed may not be smart.

i can use logic to my advantage
:idea:

True. If you can use un-"shelded" plastic pedals without getting (more) noise, more power to you. Me, I can't afford buying stuff that might end up being unusable in a live situation, so I stay away.

myself, i let my (ex)bandmate be the guinea pig for me. he bought, and used for years, a small handful of minis. throughout almost our entire tenure as 'gigging' band around boston/new england (95-03), not once was there ever a noise/enclosure/switching/breakage/durability issue.

ever.

and he was/is using them in several differnt bands over several years (read: pedals getting used 4-6 nights/week between practice and gigs). never a problem. decent cables, and battery usage probably increased the odds of his success.

either way, for all the speculation and grand science and brilliant theories, the friggin pedals kept working perfectly, and at the feet of a 205lb big-footed guy, who on occasion could be enthused (read: stomping with enthusiasm).

• 4 months later...
  • Members

i remember my local shop had a behringer "something or other" rack unit, that claimed to have a 12ax7 in it.. it really had one.. but behind it were 3 LED's to make it appear to glow..

Yes but that wasn't a con. You're talking about the tube mic preamp I think and the tube is an integral part of the circuit. The reason the LEDs were put behind it was purely for visuals because the preamp tube didn't have enough going through it to make it glow like power tubes. So you can either have a tube on display that's lit up and visually appealing which emphasises the tube in circuit, or you can leave the LED's out and occassionally you will see a couple of millimetres of slightly orange wire.

Other companies have done the same thing including Vox.

A lot of people who knock Behringer are more than happy to buy a "boutique" TS808 clone that has been "improved" with point to point electronics and a changed resistor value or two. And the difference is?

• Members
the EHX wiggler I owned two years ago had a yellow LED right behind the tubes to make em look like they were glowing brightly..

yeah and my vox compressor has a blue one, that's fine with me, it looks neat. btw, I did take the valve out and it doesn't work without it!! (I had to see for myself) :lol:

• Members

I'm kinda curious about this baby:

2h6bjwx.jpg

I have yet to see one anywhere.

Also, they have a clone of the Boss pitch shifter. I'm sorry, but if it so much as fires up and does one harmony decently, there's no way anyone can say its not worth it at the prices they charge for these. $40 vs. $140

I have a V-Tone Guitar pedal (GD!21) that sounds great and is a direct box, so it works excellently for recording. If it breaks (which its showing no signs of whatsoever), at $30 I'll replace it easily.

Archived