Large Beaver or Pink Flesh?

starsailor803

• Members

The county next to my county is called Beaver County.

A few years back the zany morning radio DJs of Pittsburgh's 102.5 wrote a song about wanting beaver girls to "show me your beaver. . . library, show me your beaver . . . county fair, and all the people there, show me all the beaver that there is to see."

I've never tried either, but I'd go for the BYOC- because you make it, you can always breadboard it first and try out a few different transistors, etc.

• Members

The time has finally come to kick the Russian Muff off my board. Which one would you guys suggest? Which one is the least noisy and most versatile? I'm sure some would say go with a triangle era or green Russian but I also want to make some extra room on my board.

you're comparing a kit pedal to a tweaked boutique pedal. It's not a fair comparison to be honest.

• Members

I've had both. They're two different sounding pedals.. both great, but different. In the end, I'd recommend the Pink Flesh. It's versatile and really sounds great at any setting. Plus, it's built like a tank and Marc is a great guy to deal with - excellent customer service.

Here's a clip of my stock Large Beaver.. sustain cranked, tone at 0 and volume to taste.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4823789&q=hi

And here are my Pink Flesh clips:

http://skreddypedals.com/skreddy_pedals_pink_flesh.htm

I much prefer the Pink Flesh over BYOC. Granted, mine was stock so I never did try the flat mids mod or anything so it may work for you. I plan on buying another Beaver one day just to have around. It definitely holds its own against any Muff out there I think.

• Members

The Skreddy is sweet. Yep, pricey, yep there's a wait. But it has sustain for days. And is a thick muffy fuzz. I think of it more as a lead tone. The only downside is that it's not versatile but if you want that sound (and it certainyl captures that compressed Wall tone well) it's a world beater. For muffy muffness, look at the Mayo.

• 1 month later...

Archived