TC Electronics NOVA DELAY Lounge

sdresdre

• Members

cool man, i had the same impressions going from a dd20 to the nova, repeats are just THERE, not muddy at all, you can pick out every last repeat and its perfectly in sync to the last bone. the salesguy i got it from was like "Yeah it keeps perfect time" and i was thinking, all delay pedals do, but when i played it, i instantly knew what he meant, i can tell the quality between the dd-20 and nova delay.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

i just got a smm w/h and i am trading it for a nova. nova seems easy to use presets and easier to dial in.

does the nova self oscillate at all?

what power supply with the nova? boss style?

As most have said, it does self-oscillate well consider it's digital. The only downside to the Nova for me is it requires its own power supply.

• Members

Can you use the tap tempo for irregular delay settings like instead of:

"1 2 3 4" with equal spacing, can you tap in something like:

"1 23 4" with irregular spacing?

Also, how do you calibrate it?

I am really looking forward to picking one of these up along with a Malekko 600B...

• Members

Can you use the tap tempo for irregular delay settings like instead of:

"1 2 3 4" with equal spacing, can you tap in something like:

"1 23 4" with irregular spacing?

Also, how do you calibrate it?

I am really looking forward to picking one of these up along with a Malekko 600B...

don't think it does irregular tempo's. calibrating's shown in the manual. you just hold a button down, play hard with a clean setting, done.

• Members

The only downside to the Nova for me is it requires its own power supply.

True it wont take batteries, but I power mine with my Voodoo Lab PP2+ (it is in output 5 with the DIP switched away from "normal". At its draw, it would prolly eat batteries pretty fast).

Anyhoo- the Nova ND1 is a great pedal. For the features it has as well as its transparency and presets- this thing (along with my Clyde) will probably be the staples of my ever growing and changing board....

Archived