Happy Friday: A Good Day to Keyboard

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm at work.
:(
Then I have to mow the lawns when I get home.
Then I have to make some visible progress on a home project.
I cannot keyboard today.

NO! You don't have to:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1804245

There's a Radias calling to you from GC. Play with that for a couple days, then haul ass on your projects just in the nickof time. :D

BTW: how many lawns do you have?

• Members

NO! You don't
have
to:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1804245

There's a Radias calling to you from GC. Play with that for a couple days, then haul ass on your projects just in the nickof time.
:D

BTW: how many lawns do you have?

Stop tempting me, dammit! :D I have 3 lawns, one in back, two up front separated by the driveway. However, I've since hired a gardener to take care of them since I posted that. Yay, no more mowing! :D The Project That Won't Die, though, still isn't finished. I have until next weekend to be done. I may post a pic.

• Members

Friday was a great day for me to keyboard. I played myself into a job tonight!

I answered a craigslist ad earlier this week, and the bandleader and I had swapped a couple of emails. I visited their site and got their playlist. I knew most of it, and I told him so. They had a last minute booking tonight, and he invited me.

On the off chance that they'd let me play for a set, I packed my gear. They were agreeable, so I set up. It was great. The band sounded strong, everyone had a good time, I got a chance to break in the Fantom, and I got offered the job halfway through the second set. :cool:

Nice to play clubs again after a two-year hiatus. It's a working, established band with about 120 gigs per year, and they wanted to add keyboards. That's the upside. Downside: the loadout weight increased way over agreed-upon proportions! Ug!

• Members

he Project That Won't Die, though, still isn't finished. I have until next weekend to be done. I may post a pic.

I have several of those. some small some large. Most recent, fixing a dripping shower. The shutoffs are in the cellar and the shower is on the second floor. I was replacing o-rings:

go to the hdwr store, try to find the right stuff (no useful help) come back

:repeat 43 times with occasional new trips to hdwr store & Canadian Tire:

downstairs

turn off water

upstairs

attempt fix and reassemble

downstairs

turn on water

upstairs

still dripping

:end repeat:

finally go to a plumbing store in Kingston

woman there (bless her) says "Oh, that's a Delta. We can sell you the cartridge for $50 but they have a lifetime warrantee; here's the 800 number."

call Delta; part arrives three days later

Put in the new cartridge and the drip is gone.

Now on to finishing varnishing the floors.

• Members

The PROJECT: A mantle and surround for the fireplace. I just took this shot, it've stood it up here temporarily as a fit test. So far, so good. There will be a door left, identical to the tall panel on the right-hand side. The door hides the gas key. Also missing are several moldings, the frieze that will cover the open framework, and the top itself. Then, of course, the finishing, which is my least favorite part, but comes with the territory. :) The wood is called Lyptus if anyone's curious.

stuff%20010.JPG

• Members

Wow - major progress from the last time you talked about it.
:thu:

So - did you decide to be sensible and work on projects instead of getting a radias?

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I decided to be practical instead of frivolous. :cry: However, I just spoke to the wife, and she said that we've been invited to join some friends this summer with the stipulation that I bring a keyboard. :eek: A sanctioned purchase?? Oh, YES. :D So, sometime between now and then, I'll DEFINITELY have to find something reasonably portable with sounds I like. I'm already mulling the possibilities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

WELCOME BACK ... !!!

theshowrm1.jpg

With last Sunday's show considered a success (by my warped little mind) it's time to do something I haven't done in a LOOOOOOOOONG time ... (BTW ... that's not me in the photo ... that's one of the other performers, Jack Topht with the Vegetables (i.e. Lindsay)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived