Happy Friday: A Good Day to Keyboard

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The same here ... only one short afternoon session on Friday ... just was really shot; when I'm tired I'm 1) less creative 2) don't really feel like jamming

We're supposed to get a blizzard here today in Western New York ... Driveway is clear, food in the fridge, other essentials accounted for ... as long as the power holds, it will be a GREAT day to keyboard ...

• Members
The same here ... only one short afternoon session on Friday ... just was really shot; when I'm tired I'm 1) less creative 2) don't really feel like jamming

We're supposed to get a blizzard here today in Western New York ... Driveway is clear, food in the fridge, other essentials accounted for ... as long as the power holds, it will be a GREAT day to keyboard ...

:thu::phil::thu:

• Members

I had panned to keyboard, but then a major career change opportunity came up. So instead of keyboarding, there was lots of discussion with teh wife about dreams, risks, self-employment hassles, etc, etc.

No hard decision made yet. I think I'll head over to GC just cool off and maybe find a new shiny piece of distraction. :thu:

• Members
I had panned to keyboard, but then a major career change opportunity came up. So instead of keyboarding, there was lots of discussion with teh wife about dreams, risks, self-employment hassles, etc, etc.

No hard decision made yet. I think I'll head over to GC just cool off and maybe find a new shiny piece of distraction.
:thu:

you got offered a job selling synths at Guitar Centre?? :eek:

we're not worthy.

• Members

He said a major career change opportunity came up, so he planned to head to GC to play with the toys.

I didn't get "offered a job selling synths at GC" from that...

Of course if the career change = more money, that could lead to more shiny toys. ;)

• Members

No hard decision made yet. I think I'll head over to GC just cool off and maybe find a new shiny piece of distraction.
:thu:

Just remember, changes = less time to perform, create, etc.

Good luck with whatever you choose ... but for me, I'm just trying to maximize where I'm at (in terms of my career) so I can do this music thing as intensely as possible ...

spouses can a help ... but at times they can also be an undue influence ... managing that is the same as anything ...

All I know is I have a JP-6 coming and I have nothing left to consume on the Interwebs except reading the manual, which I'm putting off because it's still going to be more than a week until I get it ...

What's the opportunity?

• Members

Good day, KSS. Since Diametro hasn't seen fit to plug HF:AGDTK as usual, I'll try to fill in.

*ahem*

It is Friday. It is a good day to keyboard. You will please to power-on your equipment of choice and make merry. Behold this witty yet thought-provoking photograph that I have provided to illustrate this:

nothing_to_see_here_move_along.jpg

That is all. Dismissed.

• Members
He said a major career change opportunity came up, so he planned to head to GC to play with the toys.

I didn't get "offered a job selling synths at GC" from that...

Of course if the career change = more money, that could lead to more shiny toys.
;)

it was what is commonly referred to in europe as a 'joke'. :mad:

not a very good one, granted. but a 'joke' nonetheless.

aah. friday again. :wave:

• Members

I wonder if he got distracted, say, by a Jupiter-6 arriving at his doorstep?
:love:

I wish ... but I don't think it's even gotten to the UPS store yet ... (John isn't feeling well ... )

Come to mention to it ... I'm not feeling so hot either ...

Hello, all! Happy Friday ... I will hit the keys when I awake from a long and hopefully salubrious nap ...

• Members

Two points for using 'chuffed,' which I am not feeling so much right now ...

The only other time I've heard that word is in the film "Best in Show," uttered by Michael McKean ... about his {censored} zu and how it's feeling on the day of the big competition ...

I am not feeling so chuffed right now ... rather poopy actually ...

• Members
A good day to keyboard, indeed. I shall celebrate this fine Friday by giving Allerian's former SL-161 a workout with some Motif funky-clav (once I get home). I hope he doesn't get upset if he finds out that I fixed it.
;)

"So what was it?" he asks nearly a year later.

• Members

hello, all ... It's a shiny, sunny Friday ... After a quick errand I'll be ready to do some keys work ...

... but I've also been taking care of my father 24 hours a day for the past week as he's just come out of the hospital after a three-month stay and he's VERY weak ... It's not much fun at all, and I'm sure you can imagine all the gruesome details ...

... Just be thankful you have your health and the ability to do things for yourself ...

AND HAPPY KEYBOARDING ... !!!

Archived