Happy Friday: A Good Day to Keyboard

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

An excellent night to keyboard - the new Rhodes, of course (yippee!), the new Ampeg SVT3 Pro rig, and the new Motion Sound Rotary Horn amp on top - yes, indeed, a fine night to keyboard!

Downside: we had to cancel our gig, as one of our lead vocalists/guitarists had to cover someone who's attending a wedding. I told him to get someone for him and book the band for the wedding!

• Members

OK. Another six hours of sleep, I think, did the trick ...

Good to see the world didn't stop spinning while I was away, my soft grey matter contributing to future posts of the STRANGE DREAM THREAD. (Oh you know I'll be posting THERE soon ... Zombies, zombies everywhere ... )

Sadly, I think I need to run a few errands before I can begin to compulsively clean my studio/office (well, maybe the tire store in East Jahunga ordered the wrong rim for the FIFTH times ... And damn, I haven't been to the gym in two days ... 'Spose that will have to be worked in ...

I'm NEVER going to get in front of my synths again ... !!!

• Members

OT: Dejavoodoo...

Do you listen to The Benevento-Russo Duo? Your gear just screams that you might enjoy them.

www.beneventorussoduo.com

Pretty cool! "Mephisto" sounds like ELP meets jazz. I don't really like all of that distortion all of the time, but I think they have some good things going on with their music. Probably worth an MP3 download.

Thanks for the super-serious link!

Guest Anonymous

I got Supreme Dance and Platinum Trax for my SonicCell so...

...I'm workin' on uh beat...

...oh yeah...

...I'm workin' on uh beat.

Boom-tat-boom-boom-tat

:love:

:wave:

Guest Anonymous

I had a Juno 106 for a while and it is a nice kb but, I would look for a Jupiter 6 to compliment a 106 instead of have two 106's. You would luv a Jupiter 6 and the filter is to die for.

:thu:

If I get another old Roland it will be a Juno 60, MKS 70, MKS 80 and/or a Jupiter 8 when I win the Lottery.

PS. I have a original SH-3 which is a hoot to play. Talk about old school.

• Members

I had a Juno 106 for a while and it is a nice kb but, I would look for a Jupiter 6 to compliment a 106 instead of have two 106's. You would luv a Jupiter 6 and the filter is to die for.

If I get another old Roland it will be a Juno 60, MKS 70, MKS 80 and/or a Jupiter 8 when I win the Lottery.

PS. I have a original SH-3 which is a hoot to play. Talk about old school.

I love having two Junos MIDIed together ... The master sends all slider and patch info to the slave ... Just tweak a little on the slave end and its so easy to get much fatter, more interesting tones ... I can't wait to have three but I'm not sure how I'll incorporate that into my studio ...

In my mind it basically makes it a Juno-206 (2 DCO synth) with a double set of keys ... one layered, one single ... nice ...

Yeah, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a Jup-6 ... Definitely eventually ... But teh Junos are a nice gateway ...

EDIT: These Junos are dying and seem headed out the door ...

Archived