i tried the nova reverb out.

fuzzylogic220

• Members

Gambit, are you the one who was pimping out the Reflector a couple weeks ago?

Whoever it was, they made me wanna re-think my reverb pedal GAS.

yeah. whenever i get the chance. its way too overlooked. i'm actually getting sick of recommending it (and the EH-1) so i might stop.

but it pisses all over the holy grail, digiverb and rv-5 for 'natural' sounding reverb. so it bugs me that people don't even know about it or maybe even just consider it an option. its half the price of an RV-5 in the UK too.. crazy..

• Members
yeah. whenever i get the chance. its way too overlooked. i'm actually getting sick of recommending it (and the EH-1) so i might stop.

but it pisses all over the holy grail, digiverb and rv-5 for 'natural' sounding reverb. so it bugs me that people don't even know about it or maybe even just consider it an option. its half the price of an RV-5 in the UK too.. crazy..

I've GOT to try these out then. :thu:

I would say they are overlooked because Marshall's marketing vis-a-vis guitar pedals isn't up to par with EHX, Boss, and the like. And the Marshall's have otherwise sterile housing. Folks like pretty colors.

• Members

def check it out. spring 2 mode is my favourite. spring and plate verb mixed together i think the manual says. tasty. as far as construction goes, i'd rate it above theline 6 tonecore and those EH pedals (holy grail, usa small stone etc size) aswell. much sturdier. solid metal. solid feel to the switch etc.. i wish they made more pedals to be honest.

• Members

I owned a TC G-Sharp not too long ago and I can only assume the reverbs in that are the same as the TC Reverb pedal...underwhelming. I thought my Holy Grail had better reverb than the G-Sharp. The delay wasn't anything to write home about either.

lolz.... except the g-sharp is an extremely low-end rack unit...

the nova pedals are definitely not the same... much nicer quality

p.s. holy grails are noisey as {censored}

• 2 weeks later...

Archived