Noob effects?

sum41fan

• Members
Sounds like you need a distortion, delay, and a chorus.

MXR Distortion III, Boss DD-3 (used), Arion sch-z. You're set
;)

yeah if i were you i'd get a better amp first, but if you still wanna buy effects, get those ^... very good buys, and wont regret buying them, no matter what you play

• Members

I said if we upgrade it will be to a tube. We have $100 each and will buy the Epiphone Valve Junior if you guys really think it would be better than our line 6's. Also if you guys are going to make suggestions please make sure the stuff is sold at GC.

• Members

So you guys are saying we should go for the valve junior?

No. You wouldn't even be able to use it, you wouldn't have speakers to run it into.

Just play around with what you have for awhile. 100 bucks is barely going to get you 2 DS-1s, let alone 2 wahs. I didn't get any decent guitar gear until about a year after I had been playing. I also started on acoustic, that factors out a lot of GAS.

• Members

No. You wouldn't even be able to use it, you wouldn't have speakers to run it into.

They make a combo vers.

And try not to only buy effects at GC. Go craiglist/ebay and get them used. Save some money, and if you don't like them you can flip them for the same amount (or close) to what you bought them for.

• Members

They make a combo vers.

And try not to only buy effects at GC. Go craiglist/ebay and get them used. Save some money, and if you don't like them you can flip them for the same amount (or close) to what you bought them for.

Oh, I didn't know that.

But, still, don't go for it, I think you should still just play around together, learn some of your favorite sounds, and sound like {censored} with {censored}ty gear for awhile instead of sounding like {censored} with good gear.

Nothing makes a person more jealous watching some noob play around with a rig that cost more than their guitar.

Archived