What's your signature sound?

Roadstar II

• Members

I bet a lot of people here have certain effect-amp-guitar combinations that they have come to find define their sound. For example, a Strat into a Fuzzface, or a Big Muff period.

What's yours? I haven't really developed one yet because my gear acquisition is a work in progress. If anything, it's using a Rat for my dirt sounds. Unmodded, then later modded, I've been back and forth with it for 5 years. Eventually, I'll ditch it for a good dirt channel on an amp. For the time being, it's the best I've got.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mine would be. A thick crunch that does both metal and classic rock. I use only active pick-ups. ESP Eclispe is a great guitar for me for it covers both these styles well. For now the DoubleShot Distortion is really satisfying for my dirt sounds. We shall see when Im able to buy the amp I want.

• Members

Strat-comp-overdrive-amp

occasional use of chorus and echo.

gone off fuzz, wah and phasers/vibes.

dirt section got a major revamp. sold off all fuzz, replaced an mi audio bbd with an ulbrick 12axe and have an xotic bb and ac inbound.

comp is a keeley.

chorus is a red witch medusa

echo will be a TTE

• Members
:eek:

ok il tell what i use:
jaguar with humbucker, mustang with singles in to a fuzz factory,woolly mammoth,ultralord,foxx tone machine,two fuzz pedals i made,sansamp,> effects/feedback loop BMP,triangle muff,phase90,smallstone,
i get a helluva lot of sounds out of this and my signature sound is very broad but its all punkpoprockdronerock kinda

:wave::wave:

• Members

jaguar(bridge pickup only)>Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
3rd(distortion) channel w/ gain/treble turned all the way up

a big part of my sound is picking with a quarter though, much harsher sounding, and you can do way gnarlier pick scrapes and stuff

Archived