Tonebone Distortion

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I prefer the Classic, over the Hot brit:

Clip using the Classic, excuse the lame performance, but I really like the tone

Whats in your chain on this clip.

I see you have a marshall 6100LE, I have too, does the tonebone classic work with that amp? I love my 6100 but sometimes I want more drive out of it.

• Members

Whats in your chain on this clip.

I see you have a marshall 6100LE, I have too, does the tonebone classic work with that amp? I love my 6100 but sometimes I want more drive out of it.

W/D/W w/my rack, guitar-Dyna Comp-Tonebone-Mojave Peacemaker.

It works GREAT w/ Marshalls. FYI the Marshall Bluesbreaker II OD works GREAT w/ the 6100, as well.

• Members

Can't really chose, both are great for different things. You can basically cop any OD and classic distortion box with the Classic and the get that marshally crunch/distortion with the Hot British. It's all a matter of flipping switches and turning knobs.

• Members

I also really like the Classic. I would probably go for either that or the Trimode. i have both and they are fairly different.

I've found that the Trimode sounds great straight into the poweramp of my Traynor YCV50, actually, and also great into a 60s Bassman head.

• Members

Compared the Classic and Hot British in the store (before the Plexitube and Trimode models), and came out with the Classic.

The Hot British wasn't bad, but for my tastes, I liked more of the sounds and the range of gain that the Classic had to offer.

. . . i would love to test the PLEXITUBE :idea:

Archived