"Every Door" - my first song post

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll try and find a way of recording from mixer...

You could always just flick the option in your Soundclick thingie for it to be downloadable, then put it back to normal after I download it.

That's what I'll do. I'll PM you when I get a chance to upload something. I don't really have any developed ideas to post, but I can definitely send some textural guitar stuff.

• Members

wow, I listened again on better speakers. I may have come off too harsh. Really you did an excellent job with it. The song is whack but I can tell you are into it. Surprising sounds with the guitar. I'm guessing maybe you made loops and spliced and sliced the guitar sounds quite a bit? Why not just use a keyboard? The vocals are powerful sounding and quite polished but I just get this picture of a 6 ft drag queen or something when I concentrate on them. Are you a 6 ft drag queen? If so cool.

Anyway, I guess the biggest shock was this song coming from someone with the screen name fender&EHX4evr. A dance/club type theme is not the first thing that pops in my head.

I would probably learn a lot from listening to a few of your songs honestly.

I have recently discovered Bruce Cockburn (fo rilly) and listening to that has got me trying to learn from new styles.

sorry if any of my comments seem abrasive, you dun gud

• Members

Don't you know me Kansas City,
I'm the new Berlin wall
Try and tear me down.

I was born on the other side
of a town ripped in two
I made it over the great divide
now I'm coming for you........

I see a bright future in rock musicals. :lol:

• Members

wow, I listened again on better speakers. I may have come off too harsh. Really you did an excellent job with it. The song is whack but I can tell you are into it. Surprising sounds with the guitar. I'm guessing maybe you made loops and spliced and sliced the guitar sounds quite a bit? Why not just use a keyboard? The vocals are powerful sounding and quite polished but I just get this picture of a 6 ft drag queen or something when I concentrate on them. Are you a 6 ft drag queen? If so cool.

Anyway, I guess the biggest shock was this song coming from someone with the screen name fender&EHX4evr. A dance/club type theme is not the first thing that pops in my head.

I would probably learn a lot from listening to a few of your songs honestly.

I have recently discovered Bruce Cockburn (fo rilly) and listening to that has got me trying to learn from new styles.

sorry if any of my comments seem abrasive, you dun gud

I know from your posts that you have very discerning tastes, so I'm honored that you find some value in it. :thu:

I'm not a 6ft. drag queen :lol: I write in a lot of different styles with a preference for Brit Rock (Beatles to Radiohead and everything in between), so dance music is actually one of the least explored genres for me.

The guitar parts are actually not looped at all, but my style of playing is admittedly repetitive - inspired by the school of Giorgio Moroder, Eno, Andy Summers, Edge, etc. The panned staccato parts are actually one guitar part, but the MicroSynth is only picking up the lower notes, so it sounds a bit like two separate guitar parts. The spacy swells in the background and the solo are the only guitar overdubs. I don't use keys because I'm much more fluent at finding chords and voicings on a guitar. Plus, experimenting with pedals is more fun for me :D

Thanks for the kind words, RoboPimp! :wave:

Archived