What is your favorite Fender Amp ?

denimboy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fender amps don't sound like Marshall amps. That's why they are Fender and not Marshall.
:blah:

Funny that . . . seeing that Jim Marshall based his 1st production model JTM45 on the origenal Bassman 5F6 !

IMHO a Tweed-era Bassman is the closest to a Marshall you will ever get (with that sexy sultry Bassman crunch . . . to die for :love::evil: )

• Members

If I had the chance to choose my Fender, I'd go with a Super Reverb.

But I don't, so I play an old Fender Super Twin Reverb. Still a great amp. 180 watts all tube. Weighs a metric {censored}-ton though.

Holy Cow, you have the 180W Super Reverb :eek:

Does that moster break-up at all ?

If so, where the hell is the vol knob ?

Got any pic's ?

• Members
Holy Cow, you have the
180W Super Reverb
:eek:

Does that moster break-up at all ?

If so, where the hell is the vol knob ?

Got any pic's ?

Haha, actually it's a Super Twin Reverb.
Not a bad amp. It has a master volume, so I can set it to break up fairly easily, but I think it sounds best as a clean amp. Takes pedals extremely well. :poke:

SuperTwin.jpg

• Members

What is your favorite Fender tube amp (head or combo) (30 watter +).

I play lot of effects so an effects loop is appreciated. I also want an high gain/overdrive channel.

I play mostly indie rock, post rock and new wave. I like it dirty.

:

Effects loop? High gain/overdrive channel? I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

• Members

I play lot of effects so an effects loop is appreciated. I also want an high gain/overdrive channel.

:wave:

You're probably better off staying away from fender if you're looking for a high gain channel with an effects loop. Sure they have some modern amps aimed at that kind of thing, but they're not the best at it. There are some people that will mod old bassman heads for effects loops and extra preamp stages, though...

Archived