how long waiting for a pedal is too long?

SUPER VELCROBOY

• Members

cause some of the lines for getting certain pedals are pretty damn long. I mean 1-2 months is okay, but but damn 6 months, 1 year 2 years??? Holy {censored}! :mad:

I'm not getting any of these overdrives, cause i think you can always get any of the other 50 alternatives.

Maybe it's a demand/supply tactic by these guys. Make em wait so they can hike the price up? :cop:

Am i the only person to think this is retarded?

• Members

Some builders dont want to rush themselves or dont build pedals for a living so they dont need the sales to survive. They really dont have to give you a pedal because you never give them money until they finally get to your name. It seems reasonable to me that an echoczar might have a wait. Its ridiculous that a klon takes 3 months though. You could easily build and ship 10 per day and maybe he does that but I dont think hes shipping 3600 units per year.

• Members

Am i the only person to think this is retarded?

Nope.

I'm not critical of the pedal builders in the least - they can (obviously) do whatever they want.

But, I do question the carefree optimism of those who buy in to such schemes! I'll wait for a couple of months, but once you get into territory, {censored}, I could be hit by a bus before it shows up. Not interested.

If a pedal cannot get to my door within... say, four to six months, then it doesn't, for all intents and purposes, exist (in a production sense).

• Members

i wonder how many pedals toneczar sells a year, maybe 2 or 3?

He probably produces upwards of 200-300 pedals per year. He just spends such an extraordinary amount of time on each one (all sets of flying leads are braided, for example) that there is a long backlog.

• Members

He probably produces upwards of 200-300 pedals per year. He just spends such an extraordinary amount of time on each one (all sets of flying leads are braided, for example) that there is a long backlog.

Im looking at this now and it seems ridiculous. Im guessing its half of my earlier estimate at most. 100-150 pedals max. There just aren't enough reports of people receiving them although Ed says more than 50% of echoczars go to studio owners.

• Members

I'm waiting for the Goatkeeper2. It's coming out in the spring, apparently. I'm angry.

That should've said winter, not spring. I'm hung up on a couple things right now: new bypass and an external tempo sync. I might drop the external tempo sync to speed things along.

• Members

Oh, yeah, if it means me getting a Goatkeeper that much faster, toss that away. I don't think I'd use that a lot. It would be nifty for some, but. yeah. Okay. Plus I'm expecting a Tiny Tap Tap Tempo, so my tap problems are solved.

Maybe something cool for the GK3 would be stereo outs for alternating the trem waves onto two speakers. That would blow some minds.

• Members

Ah, neat. Well I don't have a drum machine or sequencer software so you know where I stand on the matter.

Yeah, right now, I can either spend the $300 I have saved up for the GK2 on a Twin Reverb (already have plans for the Deluxe Reverb), buy another expensive ass delay, or just hold out for the GK2. I probably won't have another $300 for like 2 months or so after I spend it.

• Members

I've waited 2 years for a guitar to be made. I can't justify 2 years for a pedal. That's {censored}ing ridiculous. They need more people soldering and less time having any kinds of fun.

By the way, it's bad business to make people wait that long. They'd reap more profits by hiring more people and making it reasonably shorter. It takes 9 months to pop a baby out.

Archived