Pedalboard power supply

TheGareth

• Members

I'm looking for an unobtrusive power supply for linking together some pedals (at the moment these would be London Fuzz, GI Fuzz, Java Boost). I think I read somewhere that the Boss TU-2 can power other pedals, but it says nothing about this on the Boss website. Perhaps the Dunlop Power Brick would be my best option? All the pedals are 9 volt.

Thanks!

• Members

If there all 9v Id go with the Visual sounds One Spot,It doesnt take up any space and you can hook up as many pedals as you want.

Oh wow. Now that looks good, just the type of thing I'm after. I think I'll go with that one, unless anyone can think of any good reason why I shouldn't?

EDIT:

OK I found a place online that sells the One Spot. However, I'm guessing that you need the connector things to go into the power supply sockets in the pedals. Would these have to be special Visual Sound jobs, or can you buy these things anywhere?

PS. Greetings, Mr Ben!

• Members

Don't know about the GI or London but the Java can be a noisy pedal and is supposed to be powered only by a 9volt. I personally would not chain those pedals with a one spot anyway (for fear of noisy interaction). Definitely use a brick, PP2 or something similar.

• Members

I have used the one spot for as many as 5 pedals with absolutely no noise. They were a mix of brands. It's cheap enough that if it doesn't work for you then you're not in the hole too badly. Right now I'm using it to power 3 pedals and an 18vac wall cube right next to it to power another pedal, still no hum.:thu: Just make sure the polarity is correct for the pedal.

• Members

• Members
Ah OK, thank you. I will also have a look at that one. Right now, a Power Brick seems to be the best option..
:)

After reading those links I sent you I realize that the DC brick is esentially the same as the one spot, meaning that it is not broken out into seperate power supplies... Not sure about the T-rex? Good luck

• Members

If I'm not mistaken, those pedals can't be daisy chained... something to do with reverse polarity...? Have to either have a 9v battery or isolated outputs (PP2, Fueltank, etc.), no? Correct me if I'm wrong

So you're saying that the pedals wont work with a One Spot and that a DC Brick or Fueltank would be OK with them?

• Members
So you're saying that the pedals wont work with a One Spot and that a DC Brick or Fueltank would be OK with them?

DC Brick would not work, if my information is correct. It's anything that is daisy chained that doesn't work with fuzzes with Ge (total guess, I could be completely wrong with that). Again, I could be wrong so someone correct me if this is true. :wave:

Archived