need a fuzz

pbone

• Members

If you want a germanium fuzz then the MJM London Germanium fuzz is great. If you want a silicon fuzz, then the MI Audio GI Fuzz is excellent, the MI Audio Neo Fuzz is a great germanium fuzz too. That might be worth a look at.

The Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz is OK, very hard to get sounding good though. If you have the cash you should look at some Dirty Boy pedals.

• Members

I dunno, I've kinda tried to stay away from the muff. For some reason, I'm not a big fan.

I was the same way, but I kept putting a green muff on my board and then taking it off and then repeating the whole thing over again.

The one to get is a Baja Tech Custom Da Moaf. I got the V2 and it's taken the place of a couple fuzz, distortions that had been on my board previously.

• Members

I have went through several fuzz pedals lately, and thought I had found what I was looking for. Then I got my Skreddy. Believe the hype! Within 5 minutes of having it I had already kicked my other fuzz pedal off my board. Spend the money and do it right the first time. I was skeptical about them, but everyone keep raving so I decided to get one. Best sounding dirt pedal I have ever owned.

:thu:

• Members

If you're trying to stay away from a Muff I would suggest something in the Germanium family of Fuzzes.

Ampeg Scrambler
Fuzz Face
Fuzz Factory
Fulltone SoulBender
Fulltone '69
ToneBender Clones
Hartman
Monsterpiece

The EHX Graphic Fuzz is misleading 'cause it uses the same kind of dirt as the Double Muff, which is in fact OD/Distortion and not Fuzz.

Archived