Walnut Guitar

TheHarakiriEnd

• Members

Has anyone here ever owned a guitar made out of Walnut? I've owned guitars made from Swamp Ash, Alder, Red Cedar, Basswood, Mahogany, and Korina, but never Walnut. I've played a Rickenbacker that was Walnut but it's been so long ago I really don't remember what it sounded like. I am going to build a strat next month and I was wanting to use a wood that I don't have.

• Members

A friend of my dad's has a telecaster type guitar that's made out of walnut (at least partially). I remember it sounding good but I'm not sure I can really describe it very well as we were in a very loud garage band setting.

Have you tried pine? I hear it sounds surprisingly good.

• Members

A friend of my dad's has a telecaster type guitar that's made out of walnut (at least partially). I remember it sounding good but I'm not sure I can really describe it very well as we were in a very loud garage band setting.

Have you tried pine? I hear it sounds surprisingly good.

Lol no but I have enough of those trees in my yard to make a guitar for everyone on this board.

• Members

From what I have heard it is a brighter sounding wood. So with the humbuckers I imagine it evens it out. I wonder how bright it would be with single coils though.

not as bright as ash but it has more mids compared to ash

check this out

• Members

yeah I've heard walnut has a brighter sound. is used a lot for bass guitars. I have a 2"X9.5"X45" chunk of black walnut I plan on making a guitar out of. I got it off of EBAy for like $11 lol. other interesting woods people claim to sound great are willow and pecan.

Archived