Recommend me a Guitar.

EvilSoup

• Members

I'm trading my Evil Fender Twin in to Guitar Center, and since I'm doing only recording now with my PODx3 and various other software, I don't need an amp right now. If I was going to get one though, it would probably be an atomic amp though for the pod.

Currently I have a Fender Thinline Tele RI, Peavey Raptor +, Taylor 314CE, and a Schecter Studio Custom 4 bass which I just bought.

So thats a Semihollow Tele with buckers, a cheap Strat copy that is surprisingly good, the most awesome acoustic-electric known to man, and pretty cool active bass.

I've been more into the strat tones lately but I need something that would be versatile for recording, or at least widen my palette.

Price range is above $700, but below ~$1500.

Go!

• Members

Sarcasm noted. Really though, I think your best bet is to get a strat and replace those pickups with something. There are plenty of options. I highly recommend the voodoo, but I'm sure you could find something to your liking. I just replaced the neck pickup with a voodoo, and now between all the tones, I have a very versatile strat. I don't know much about different guitars, but I am also in love with the strat tone. I've been playing mine for about 6 years now, and definitely should've replaced the pickups a long time ago.

So, there's my two cents. Buy a strat, replace the pickups with some voodoos. They keep the strat tone well from my experience.

• Members

Sarcasm noted. Really though, I think your best bet is to get a strat and replace those pickups with something. There are plenty of options. I highly recommend the voodoo, but I'm sure you could find something to your liking. I just replaced the neck pickup with a voodoo, and now between all the tones, I have a very versatile strat. I don't know much about different guitars, but I am also in love with the strat tone. I've been playing mine for about 6 years now, and definitely should've replaced the pickups a long time ago.

So, there's my two cents. Buy a strat, replace the pickups with some
. They keep the strat tone well from my experience.

Better yet get the Fender Classic Player 60s strat which comes with Abigail Ybarra custom shop pickups and sounds so fat and great.

• Members

Well I have a Peavey Raptor, and though it's a cheap guitar, it plays pretty nice for a strat clone.

Exactly. You have a Strat-like guitar already. You also have a semi-hollow with moderate gain humbuckers. I'd say to round it off, get something like one of the guitars I mentioned above. You don't have anything even remotely similar to any of them. No short scales, no super-low output humbuckers, no Jazzmaster, and no chimey single coils.

If you're willing to import, a MIJ Jazzmaster would be good, and very different from anything you have.

For local buying, there's the Jaguar HH and Mustang.

The Jaguar, although "humbucker" equipped, is VERY different from a normal HH guitar. The pickups (MIJ Fender Dragsters) are VERY low output. This makes them sound like super fat single-coils. It has the normal Jaguar switching system paired with them, so it makes it extremely versatile. Plus, the fact that it's just a great guitar playability-wise helps.

The Mustang, again, is very different from what you have. Short scale, and chimey pickups. It's something different, and very playable.

Any of the three would round out your available tones really well, IMO. :thu:

• Members

From specs, features and pics I've fallen in love with this baby from Godin:

229411.jpg

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Godin-Exit-22-Electric-Guitar?sku=511922

500$.

I'm getting one in the middle of January when money comes in. ;)

With your budget, putting DiMarzios or Duncans or whatever in it would be easy..

Might be something for you to check out, Godin is rumored to be the best value for money by many on these forums. Do a search and see :)

Archived