I didn't know I owned a "Vintage" pedal...........

NappyDugOut

• Members

thats sort of cool...what do they sound like?

Sounds like bad 80's metal without the bass. It has a cool setting that's Distortion with a bit of chorus and delay added, another setting that doubles the sound(kinda cool I guess)................but overall it sounds really thin. I used to love this pedal in the late 80's and early 90's...................but now, not so much:wave:

• Members

Its famous because of David Gilmour who used it for a number of leads. Its the only digital distortion pedal boss has made and its the only single pedal to feature 3 effects in one box.

Do you LIKE this pedal?..........have you played thru one. Just curious because as long as I've had this pedal I've never run across anyone else who has actually played one except me:)

• Members

I just got back into playing last year after nearly a 20 year break.

Looking on Ebay I saw quite a few of my pedals being sold for high prices because they were "vintage". The funny thing is that I bought those pedals when I was in high school because they were cheap an I had no money. For instance, Boss was THE brand to own but I couldn't afford them when I wanted a chorus so I bought a no name,off brand undesireable alternative.....an Arion SCH-1. Yes the old MIJ one (grey box). I always thought it sounded o.k., but couldn't believe the prices guys are getting for these now,well over $100 an I saw a couple of auctions get over $150. I kept that one but I did sell an old DOD analog FX-90 delay, that again I bought because I couldn't afford digital delay. Digital delay was where it was at in the 80's, the analog stuff was all in the bargain bin:lol:

I guess what goes around comes around.

Archived