Fender Jazzmaster - Japanese 66' Reissues with Block Inlays?

Kid_A

• Members

I bought a Japanese 66 reissue jaguar with block inlays last April from Ishibashi. Just email them, they are very helpful. Also, it took less than a week for it to arrive at my door.

Oh nice one! So you can still get them? How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

:love:

• Members

no just for the guitar. i asked if the guy made an error in calculation on the price since it seemed a little low but he said thats the right price. you have to factor in import costs and such which i still havent gotten around to doing. if i wasnt so poor i would already have one.

• Members

I think after shipping it was just over $800 for mine if I remember right. Since then I've spent more on new pickups and a vintage mustang bridge. Qualitywise, it seems very close to my friends american vintage reissue version except for the pickups. Also, the japanese one is noticeably heavier. Sounds great, and once I figured out how to set it up properly, it is a very comfortable guitar to play. The offset style seems to fit me better. One thing about the block inlays to note however. Since Fender places their nut on the fretboard instead of on the headstock, and on these there is binding along the edges, you have to be careful if you put a new nut on that you don't carve it too thin on the low E side. Another thing I would recommend is shimming the neck. Use a piece of a credit card, or a guitar pick in the neck pocket and it will help a ton in getting your bridge setup properly. You'll be able to raise the bridge so there will be a sharper break in the string angle, keeping them in the saddles better, and reducing some of the buzz.

• Members

no just for the guitar. i asked if the guy made an error in calculation on the price since it seemed a little low but he said thats the right price. you have to factor in import costs and such which i still havent gotten around to doing. if i wasnt so poor i would already have one.

Thats not too bad is it? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Members

hey there! taking chances on "plan c"?! ehehehe ;-) i've nothing to say on your question, just listening to your music! good ones!

hey! Long time no speak! Hows tricks zin?

Man ishibashi are sloooooooooooooow at returning emails...

:(

• Members

I can has?

I'm gassing so hard for a JM...

EDIT: oops, that's a Jaguar... me no like teh 24' scale...

She's beautiful... and nice door! Old house?

yeah, it's one of the oldest houses in town. It was turned into two apartments, and I live in the upstairs. I like older buildings. A lot more character. I can't stand the suburban cookie cutter subdivision crap. The ones where because the homes and neighborhoods (or people that live there for that matter) have no personality, they try to make it sound really interesting by giving it a stupid name like the "Fox Trail Pond Breezes Winds of the Whispering Sands." O.K. sorry, rant over. Anyways, yeah, I actually like the 24" scale. It always takes a second or two to get used to when I switch between my strat and jag but no big deal. It's not that much shorter.

Archived