so should i order an NYC pedalboard??

arcadesonfire

• Members

I'm about to do it. I really like the idea of the riser for some pedals. So i'm looking at the "big shot" with a riser and with wheels on one end for rollability. After tax and the customizing i want, it'll come to $267. How does that sound? Is there anything else i should be looking at or aware of before going through with this?

• Members

I've got one. It's a pretty cool pedalboard. The second level is really cool for hiding your power supply underneath. However, my RAT is elevated so high that the lid doesn't close. I'm moving to Australia next year so I think I'm gonna go for a Pedaltrain board with the ATA case. I'm probably gonna sell my Big Shot soon. Maybe I'll keep the second level for the PT...I'm not sure if that'll work out

my rat won't fit on the second level!! oh dear... oh dear... i've got some thinking to do

• Members

+1 pedaltrain. You can find a used pedaltrain for cheap, about $120 shipped if you're patient. I'd say the only advantage of the NYC is that it has an integrated hardshell case, and you'll pay a similar price for a pedaltrain with the hardcase. It's not a big deal unless you'll be carrying it all sorts of places though and don't want to be careful with it due to the softcase.

• Members

the pedal train website says the pedalboard height is 3 inches. Is the total clearance? with those giant knobs, my rat is already a little more than 3 inches tall, so no rats with pedaltrains??

But pedaltrain does have a nicer outer covering (no carpet) and the pro one does have wheels... but it looks like there's no chance of getting a second tier in there. How big are you pedaltrain users shoes? i wear a 13, and reaching up over some pedals to hit others often results in knob bumping.

And yes, i'll be taking this around everywhere, wheeling it on the subway and all (no car for me in NYC).

Archived