SWIRL YOUR OWN PEDALS

MB-1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great stuff...some really nice colors/swirls there guys! That brownie is gorgeous...would have never thought of that combo.

So, other than under a lamp, no need to bake in a toaster oven?

Greg

• Members

no!

i'd be cautious with the lamp as well - mine started to create bubbles at first until i pulled the lamp back a little way. that said, i think i applied way more paint than i needed to, and way too thickly. still, it turned out pretty good to my eyes:

2307390066_6a6cbda593_m.jpg

• Members

Looks like a 4 year old painted those boxes :idk:. Sorry just my humble opinion :wave:. I wouldn't waste my energy on it. If there was an effect I really liked that happened to have a swirl paint style I would still consider buying it. If it sounds good then thats all thats important :thu:

• Members

no!

i'd be cautious with the lamp as well - mine started to create bubbles at first until i pulled the lamp back a little way. that said, i think i applied way more paint than i needed to, and way too thickly. still, it turned out pretty good to my eyes:

2307390066_6a6cbda593_m.jpg

I really, really, REALLY like how that turned out. Good on you, broseph! :thu:

• Members

And to think, the folks over at TGP are paying $400+ for Landgraff pedals with the same paint jobs. You should make clones, call them the Land-Giraffe, and price them at $550 then have a friend start a thread ranting and raving over the juicy warm tone; they'll sell like mad over there!

Boutiquery and capitalism; a match made in heaven. :thu:

• Members
thing is, i'd take that as a compliment! i guess people have different tastes, huh.

Aww sorry. Wasn't talking about yours in particular. In fact I think yours turned out better then most I see. I was talking about them in general. At least you could be bothered doing a DIY project unlike me that gave up and couldn't be bothered after about a day of considering making some of my pedals :p

• 2 months later...
  • Members

i don't recommend putting the paint under a lamp or in an oven. A lot of times, all you're doing is hastening the drying process when all you needed was patience. Quick drying and excess paint are a recipe for disaster, like bubbling, smearing and crackling. Happens a lot in my experience, which is why i don't bother anymore. And that stink sucks.

Archived