Big Muff Users

rossowj

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is there a difference, soundwise, between the Little Muff Pi and the Big Muff Pi?

Someone wanted me to believe that the LBM is very-very slightly dirtier/gritier, with a minute touch more mid's.

Or maybe it is the other way 'round, "it is slightly dirtier, because it has a minute mid bump, compared to the NYC Big Muff".

Anyone else heard this ?

:confused:

• Members

Muff with Rat covers pretty much everything.

i'm glad you said that. I'm obv looking for a rat (my sig). I figured it would be the best combo.

I have a modded sd-1 on my board now, its just too thin sounding to be on the same board as a muff imo.

• Members

Is there a difference, soundwise, between the Little Muff Pi and the Big Muff Pi?

the two newest re-issues?

They sound slightly different, but it isn't a massive difference...they both sound like muffs, I would happily use either.

but if you are talking about this little slice of Pi....now that's a different story!

eh_lbmp.jpg

• Members

SKREDDY : MAYO / soon to be zero.

I usually use the BM as a wall of sound or solo kind of thing. I find that if you stick some kind of Treble boosting OD pedal into it, it tightens up a bit. I use a hotcake/Eternity. Just depending on whats going on and then kick it on. The hotcake is less noticeable.

• Members

i'd really like to know how this goes
:thu:

It went great! Both were so pleasing that I had to move around my chain to accomadate it. ;)

The BD-2 boosted the high end and took away the average tone and replaced it with a very pleasing solo tone and/or busting out. I liked it when I played some stuff with the BD-2 on, and then busted in with the Muff for like a chorus or something.

The Micro Amp didn't really alter it as much as expected, but it did add gain and slightly bring out some more highs. It's a very pleasing sound. :)

Archived